ready to give up weekday drinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
    Oh not THAT long. I could probably do it weeknights much of the year. I use a Weber Pro with the Mesquite charcoal so it takes some time to get the coals all ready to go. The actual grilling is pretty fast of course. Just lots of times after work, working out etc. I'm just not in the mood to deal with that.
    Oh! I didn't even think of prepping a grill. You do it the real way. I cheat and use gas. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw48 View Post
      Oh! I didn't even think of prepping a grill. You do it the real way. I cheat and use gas. 
      Yup! And it's d*mn delish! There is a gas grill at my house but I turned it off, and later discovered a pack rat had built a nest in it.
      Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

I'm totally in--been trying in small ways to do exactly this but your thread motivates me. This I can and should do -- I couldn't do the damn W30 for June but this, this is perfect. The tipple messes up my quality of sleep. Parks itself right on my abdomen too!

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

Sober 8 years. Alcohol is empty and a waste of money. And way too addictive!
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I've never drank a drop of alcohol in my life. I realized I have addictive tendencies, and it just made sense to never start .

Comment

@knifgill...congrats! found I've really misused alcohol and am hoping to eventually NEVER "rely" on its affects for social situations, etc.

Sooooo...without 4 days of alcohol I've lost 2 pounds. Feels good to be free of that bit of excess water weight.

I recall pb dating that alcohol will be used for fuel before suited fast. Right now, that's a huge motivator.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
              True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Comment

Im in! Let's all celebrate with a drink!

Comment

I'm reluctantly in. I've been suspecting that wine was affecting my allergies so I stopped drinking it (I used to have 1 glass about 3 times a week) for a while and then last night I decided to try having a glass.... no denying it now, I was miserable, sneezing, itchy nose and still this morning I can't breathe well. I'm really bummed because I do so enjoy the way wine goes with food, nothing else can compare. I've tried Kombucha but it's not the same.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                    I'm reluctantly in. I've been suspecting that wine was affecting my allergies so I stopped drinking it (I used to have 1 glass about 3 times a week) for a while and then last night I decided to try having a glass.... no denying it now, I was miserable, sneezing, itchy nose and still this morning I can't breathe well. I'm really bummed because I do so enjoy the way wine goes with food, nothing else can compare. I've tried Kombucha but it's not the same.
                    Me too.

Within the first two sips of wine, white or red, my nose stuffs up and I sneeze about 15 times.

Nasal spray works, but not so good for the nose... so bye-bye wine for another reason.

Julia

Comment

Maybe it's time to have some beer?

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

The thing with having a glass of wine or three is kind of what I read from some guy who gave up coffee. He said he realized that his morning cup was his way of trying to eek out a little window of pleasure in his otherwise dreary work day, to try and extend the amount of his day he felt belonged to him instead of to someone else.

For me the wine is a way to spread out the length of the window in which I enjoy dinner. A glass before dinner, a glass during and a glass after equals about 2 hours of dinner. If I don't have the 3 glasses of wine, I'll usually do this with a piece of cheese before dinner and a piece of chocolate after. So by not doing the wine, the cheese or the chocolate (all three of which I am attempting to reduce or eliminate), I find that I wander around in the evening feeling twitchy and lost, like I want to do something but I don't know what. I should vacuum maybe.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I'm in. Should be a snap! I'm kind of cheating though as I haven't craved beer in weeks.
                          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                            The thing with having a glass of wine or three is kind of what I read from some guy who gave up coffee. He said he realized that his morning cup was his way of trying to eek out a little window of pleasure in his otherwise dreary work day, to try and extend the amount of his day he felt belonged to him instead of to someone else.

For me the wine is a way to spread out the length of the window in which I enjoy dinner. A glass before dinner, a glass during and a glass after equals about 2 hours of dinner. If I don't have the 3 glasses of wine, I'll usually do this with a piece of cheese before dinner and a piece of chocolate after. So by not doing the wine, the cheese or the chocolate (all three of which I am attempting to reduce or eliminate), I find that I wander around in the evening feeling twitchy and lost, like I want to do something but I don't know what. I should vacuum maybe.
                            This is really interesting. I think maybe I've been sort of doing the same thing only I didn't think about why. Nonetheless I made it through this week since we started but I am sure looking forward to some wine tonight. Yay Friday!
                            Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

He said he realized that his morning cup was his way of trying to eek out a little window of pleasure in his otherwise dreary work day, to try and extend the amount of his day he felt belonged to him instead of to someone else.
                              I know this is off topic, and I apologize, but I have recently come to this realization as well. I find the above statement very profound. I spend more than half of my waking life fulfilling obligations, not enjoying myself. I am going to try to cut THAT out. It would likely have a positive effect on my overall health.
                              The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                                X