No announcement yet.

ready to give up weekday drinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olivia, well done starting it! I join for the weekends! (except for this one, as it's my birthday - only one day)

Comment

• Originally posted by Olen View Post
      Olivia, well done starting it! I join for the weekends! (except for this one, as it's my birthday - only one day)
      Happy birthday... Yeah, we're not superhuman to start a dry on in such a day

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Comment

• Originally posted by oliviascotland View Post
        I'm definitely joining in on this one! The last few months have been really stressful, and having a drink in the evenings has NOT been the way to deal with it, so I think the time has come to stop for weekdays (weekends too, for a while, probably).
        That's my story too. Drinking is no way to deal... You'll be great!

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Comment

• So... What do you guys do when you crave alcohol? My favorite.. Red wine

Comment

• I find kava kava to be extremely helpful. It tastes terrible, but it gives me the nice relaxed buzz I look for in alcohol. The taste, though... is bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
              So... What do you guys do when you crave alcohol? My favorite.. Red wine

Mostly just cave. Just kidding. Hard to say. After hanging around on this thread last time I got to a spot where I sorta lost that craving feeling. It just happened. And after saying I wanted to start up with this again I had an epic fail last night having gone out to dinner with Boyfriend, had a glass of cab with steak, and some more when I got home. But tonight I'm all good and really had no urge. Can't explain it. I just sorta told myself that there was no reason I had to fail all week and start up on Monday when I could be on track tonight. Not sure why but it really worked.
              Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Happy Birthday, Olen!

Last night was easy, thankfully, and I used my "favourite" glass (the one usually filled with whisky & water) to drink water. I found it helped, as I'm so used to making a glass of whisky last for 2 or 3 hours that I managed to do the same with plain water and not feel deprived. Slept better too! Hopefully tonight will be just as easy.

In the past (before all the stress started in August I'd been largely alcohol-free for 18 months) I'd use herb teas if I felt I needed a definite taste to a drink, otherwise I'd just stick to water and tell myself that of course I CAN have a drink, it's just that I CHOOSE not to this evening ... Oddly, I'm more likely to crave something that I don't have in the house.

Comment

• Thanks PrimalFreedom and Olivia!

It's the fourth day no drinking for me. Usually I drink red wine. It's getting a bit better. And what helps is reading a funny book. I get giggles, not bubbles. Anything to keep the mind occupied and mouth smiling

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid Taco

It was starting to get stupid. A couple of things happened one week to make me realize I should probably change gears. One was when I'd start keeping a "top-up" bottle in the garage so when my wife went to bed, I could go back and replace a little of what I'd drank that day, so it didn't look like I drank as much as I did.
                    Omg.. Glad to hear I'm not the only sneaky one, but honestly I hate that I've done that and last night I downed 1 glass... Just one of red wine for the effect... Thanks all for the suggestions

Comment

• Olivia great suggestion of "I can drink" but I chose not to.. Tonight will be better than last night

Comment

• I'm about to meet friend in a pub today. Can you recommend your favorite non-alcoholic drinks, folks? Non-alcoholic beer is out for obvious reasons, black tea, too late and boring - I drink it all day. Something more exciting, something with a smile stirred in it?

Comment

• Do they have non-alcoholic wine at all? Or is it called lemonade? Lemon wine?

Comment

• If you can find some non-alcoholic white wine, then why not ask for a spritzer? A bit of white wine (alcohol free) topped up with carbonated water and some ice. Otherwise, I'm not the one to ask as I don't like fruit juices, and I don't like fizzy drinks/sodas - just a carbonated water does the trick for me when I'm out, which is very boring indeed.

Comment

• Thanks for your advice Olivia! Spritzer will do for me very well! I've heard the name but never knew what it actually is. Will question local barmen and barwomen on what ingredients they have for it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Olen View Post
                                I'm about to meet friend in a pub today. Can you recommend your favorite non-alcoholic drinks, folks? Non-alcoholic beer is out for obvious reasons, black tea, too late and boring - I drink it all day. Something more exciting, something with a smile stirred in it?
                                Is a non alcoholic beer out of the question? I love it with an orange or lime

Comment

Working...
                                X