No announcement yet.

ready to give up weekday drinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was going to skip weekend drinking this past weekend but my wife was craving a G&T and she has had primary care duties for our two kids over a long summer. So over the three nights of the weekend, I had two G&Ts and one whisky, so one a night basically. It did not cause me to crave sweets and I was insanely active this weekend doing yard work and playing with my kids. Unfortunately I seemed to have hurt a finger doing too many kettlebell swings. Could have been better, could have been worse.

Comment

• All right, who's tussling with the worm at the bottom of the tequila bottle...... where'd everyone go?

Comment

• Sorry abs.

I found that when I cut out bread, without intending to I stopped drinking beer too.

We still have it in the house (I bought some intending to drink it with a friend during the NBA finals, but somehow we watched the games without it so that beer is sitting lonely in a cupboard waiting for the right social occasion).
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Poor witto beer wif no fwennnds.

I'll send my husband right over to drink it.

He's still the beer drinking pro he's always been....

I've still abstained since the beginning of June, miraculously.

I don't even think about it anymore, which is incredibly mind blowing, since
          *I* was a professional nightly drinker of -everything- Ha!

Good job, Merl.

Basketball don't need no beer.

Julia

Comment

• Hey all. Just popping by. Have been on and off plan since I started seeing a new guy, been five weeks today since that started. Not that he tries to throw me off or anything. It's just nice to have a glass of wine when out to dinner or what not. I do think I want to get back to weekends only cause that was going so well for a while there. Hope all is well with everybody. Julia you are doing great!
            Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
              Hey everyone, just popping in to say hello
              Me too, hello everybody!

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Anybody up to resurrecting this is the new year? Been off the wagon... Need you guys again

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Comment

• I rarely drink and it's even rarer on a week day. Only twice a year I would say...
                  so it won't be difficult to give that up.
                  My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

• Hey! I could use some resolve myself! I'm back in with you PF! Happy New Year to you! And everybody else
                    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• I'll be back in! I had been very well behaved, just having drinks once or twice a month but took the last two weeks off from all good behavior. ramping up fitness / overall health goals and cutting out drinks helps so much with that. Just have to figure out a way to get a decent nights sleep.

Comment

• I'm in!

If anything, to save a few bucks, and perhaps sleep better during the work week
                        Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                        Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                        Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                        F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• I was doing great last year but lately have started drinking a few times a month during the week. I think it is due to the boredom that comes along with -30 degree weather and -60 degree windchill.

Comment

• Great! Dry tonight :-D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                            True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Comment

• I'm definitely joining in on this one! The last few months have been really stressful, and having a drink in the evenings has NOT been the way to deal with it, so I think the time has come to stop for weekdays (weekends too, for a while, probably).

Comment

• I'm on the no drinking wagon too from 3 days ago too. Who's with me?
                                I had realized that I don't remember the last day when I actually did not drunk for the past 1 month or so. ah..holidays.

Two of those days were breakfast drinking: I was in Bavaria and had to pay a tribute to the local national "liquid bread" (traditional breakfast includes beer). And another day I absolutely had to save an opened bottle of French champagne from going to the bin (1st of January). It all ended last weekend at the meeting with friends when I drank a bottle of red wine and did not even wink.

So now, hold tight folks. I'm going to dry my act up a bit.

...Feels like my shoulders are on fire from the need to drink though (it's all the booze distilled to a concentrated port I suppose). Anyways, let's join the forces and find some other pleasure in life!

Comment

Working...
                                X