X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    Yes! Surround myself with activities and people that do not involve alcohol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    This is my big problem right now. The city I live in has pretty much nothing to do at night but drink, and people almost exclusively rely on drinking as their main avenue for social interaction. I'm a night owl, so trying to get people to hang out in the evenings/night and NOT drink has been a trial as there's really nothing else to do. Everything but the bars is closed.
    Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html

Comment

• Hope everyone is doing well on our goal this week. Yesterday night was tough after drinking over the weekend. Hope tonight is easier! Good luck and good job all!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by RedMenace View Post
        This is my big problem right now. The city I live in has pretty much nothing to do at night but drink, and people almost exclusively rely on drinking as their main avenue for social interaction. I'm a night owl, so trying to get people to hang out in the evenings/night and NOT drink has been a trial as there's really nothing else to do. Everything but the bars is closed.
        Why not start a thread "evening social activities" and get ideas from the forum?

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Comment

• I'm on my last day of vacation and do far: Sat. 2 drinks and today 2 drinks...not bad....rest of the week I'll be dry

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Comment

• How's everybody been doing? Seems like we've been busy as nobody's been posting. Or we'll all drinking ourselves to death.

I've been kinda "bad" this week cause I met someboday and have been going on dates! Which has lead to some glasses of wine. So maybe it's rationalizing but it seems more ok to have a glass out on a date than several at home in front of the idiot box.
            Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• I'm still free of booze and no inclination to drink it either.

So foreign!!!

Seriously, it's like a death in the family.

Not that I'm mourning it, but it's just odd as I was a Professional Drinker.

Whatever.

Last night, our neighbor invited us over to HIS driveway (we always party on ours)
              and was trying very mightily to GET me to drink:

"Julia, it's a really light white savignon, you'll really like it"

Oh yeah? Is it alcohol free? Cuz if not, I'll really NOT like puking all day
              tomorrow too.

I tried a sip, yes, it was lovely, did I want more? No.

I did really enjoy watching all my neighbors making idiots of themselves though.

The new peeps that just moved in three weeks ago joined us and the dad of the
              couple totally just lost his train of thought, mid sentence.

We were looking at him as if to say "oh yeah? go on...." and he just stared back
              at us.

AWKWARD!!!

So I quickly changed the subject and on went conversation.

When the 6th bottle of wine came out (6 people were there, 2 weren't
              drinking), I left.

Slurring is when I exit stage left.

The new neighbor man and the dude having the driveway party stayed out
              there TWO MORE HOURS in the DARK, talking.

The driveway party host is ALWAYS out front at 6:30am drinking his coffee.

Not this morning.

And I JUST saw him for the first time at 11:30.

Bet he's incredibly hungover!!!!!

Anyway, good times.

I do really wish it didn't make me barf after stupid meager amounts, I'd still
              be a weekend warrior if it didn't.

Booo.

Julia

Comment

• I slipped up two nights this week. One was a good reason, best friend in town. Wonderful night out and dinner. Two drinks. The other night, did half bottle of wine after a rough day at work. Not healthy. I think I drink out of boredom at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by primalbeauty View Post
                  I think I drink out of boredom at home.

That was me! Way to recognize it. You're an interesting person...write a list , of things you enjoy or would liked to learn more about or pursue....it's a rally fun exercise...DREAM!

Comment

• At a family party where ok was driving, after being offered "just one", I said, " I'm not a one glass girl..wish I were..." git me if the hook and started a fun conversation :beer:

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
                      At a family party where ok was driving, after being offered "just one", I said, " I'm not a one glass girl..wish I were..." git me if the hook and started a fun conversation :beer:

Got me of the hook...

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                        I'm still free of booze and no inclination to drink it either.
                        Thats amazing! Good job! You are not the first person I've heard who described their break from having a drink as 'a little like a death'. Sometimes we have to let certain things die-off, don't you think?

In full disclosure, I did ok this week but then tonight, I had to have a glass of Pinot Noir while I read thru the "What Happened To This Site" thread. (good comment by the way RedMenace). It was necessary.

Now, when excursivity is ready to share...who is the date?

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

• Just one bottle of red wine this weekend and none all week or the week before.
                          Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Good going!
                            Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by spk View Post
                              In full disclosure, I did ok this week but then tonight, I had to have a glass of Pinot Noir while I read thru the "What Happened To This Site" thread. (good comment by the way RedMenace). It was necessary.

Now, when excursivity is ready to share...who is the date?
                              Holy cow!! I just went over there and read that after your mention of it. No wonder you needed a glass of wine to get through. It's just 10:30 in the morning here now so I'm sticking with coffee... For the content I guess I'll stay out of that one. I just try to read and reason my way through these forums and do what seems best for me and ignore the rest.

Well I put myself back on Match and on eHarmony (seems useless, but maybe that's because I'm kind of a modern girl). I met my late husband online and at a certain point it's pretty hard to meet people without going online. I had some email back and forth with several guys and met 2 in person. I seemed to really hit it off with one of them, we'll call him J. We've been out 4 times and it's very nice so far. He had a schedule where his days off were Tues/Wed but just changed so he'll have the "regular" Sat/Sun. That will make it easier to keep wine on the weekends only path I think. I mean I know I could go out and not have a drink during the week. But I more started this not to avoid having a nice glass of wine when I was out with friends or a date, but to stop the drinking at home by myself cause I was bored or lonely or whatever. That's more what I considered a potential problem, as one glass tended to lead to another and so on. At any rate, now I could have both. So we'll see what happens but we seem to have similar views on a lot of things and we've had fun.
                              Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Thanks for the support every one! I was the designated driver last night for a night out, had just one drink and watched the others go way overboard. It was still really fun, and I was able to stop at one drink! I have a slight headache and I'm so grateful not to have a horrible hangover today (like I bet the others do...)

Comment

Working...
                                X