No announcement yet.

ready to give up weekday drinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's great that, by stepping back from the booze a bit, people are figuring out for themselves WHY they drink. "Personal emotional creep", work pressures, social pressure, trying to relax, etc.

If you know why, then you can figure out how to find another way to get to the same place but not though a drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      I think it's great that, by stepping back from the booze a bit, people are figuring out for themselves WHY they drink. "Personal emotional creep", work pressures, social pressure, trying to relax, etc.

If you know why, then you can figure out how to find another way to get to the same place but not though a drink.
      Agree 100%. But also wonder if it's both enjoying and unwinding if it's a big deal. I felt like it was both on Thursday. I definitely feel better not doing it everyday and have found some kind of happy place not "needing" it most evenings. I hope that came across the way I meant it...
      Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Exactly. Choosing to have a drink and having fun with it is not the same thing as, "I've had a hard day. I NEED a drink."

Comment

• I never drank because I needed a drink but because I liked the way wine enhances the flavor in certain foods. I haven't found anything to replace it, not kombucha not seltzer water with lime. BTW I'm back to not drinking wine; I found that even white wine (even just one glass!) was making me feel less than optimal the next day, so I'm not even drinking on the weekend.
          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
            I'm gonna try not to worry about it much and keep on doing what I've been doing because it's mostly working.

Yep...keep moving forward.

Tonight, had family bbq. Just me and my boys, so I if course limited the drinks. Usually hubby with us, do he drives. I'm pleased to say it wasn't a big deal and I enjoyed myself a lot!

Interesting side note...a family member who had been through AA last year was drinking tonight. It was a little bit of a downer because I will look up to people who give up drinking totally. I guess because I don't feel strong enough to make that commitment....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Comment

• Originally posted by RedMenace View Post
              I'm in. I work at a bar and have found my whiskey consumption increasing to levels il that are not yet problematic but, still uncomfortable. I think I will cut it down to only having a drink at karaoke on Sundays

Sent from the TARDIS using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
              Welcome and good for you for preventing any problematic habits!

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by be4joy View Post
                Hi Primal ... I am a brand new newbie ... who also is weaning from alcohol ...

Affirm your quote on the bottom of your very own site! That says it all!!!

You want to be free from all poisons ... chemicals and ethyl alcohol!!!

No cloud ... no fog ... nuttin' but CLEAR SKYS!!!!
                Wow!!! You get it! So striving for freedom from alcohol (which is happening...) ...next one is coping through eating, even if primal

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                  I never drank because I needed a drink but because I liked the way wine enhances the flavor in certain foods. I haven't found anything to replace it, not kombucha not seltzer water with lime. BTW I'm back to not drinking wine; I found that even white wine (even just one glass!) was making me feel less than optimal the next day, so I'm not even drinking on the weekend.
                  Honestly...95% of the time, I drink for the buzz...just wanted to throw that out there

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    Exactly. Choosing to have a drink and having fun with it is not the same thing as, "I've had a hard day. I NEED a drink."
                    Feels like I'm getting to this and it's SOOO much more satisfying...

Ack, had a multiquote fail there somehow...
                    Last edited by excursivey; 08-04-2013, 10:33 PM. Reason: Was only trying to capture one quote...
                    Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Had red wine yesterday, which used to be a nearly everyday thing for me. Now that I have been so clearheaded on the weekdays I don't like this feeling after drinking several glasses yesterday. Guess that is progress?

Comment

• Realized that I need to surround myself with people and activities that involve alcohol. Had an amazing Sunday with extended family and my children. So amazing to feel 100% complete/filled..such an intense feeling abd it only got better when I realized it was 100% pure...not alcohol induced.

That's freedom!

Comment

• Originally posted by drheather View Post
                          Had red wine yesterday, which used to be a nearly everyday thing for me. Now that I have been so clearheaded on the weekdays I don't like this feeling after drinking several glasses yesterday. Guess that is progress?
                          That's progress!!

Comment

• Oh blerg! I guess I got cocky cause I fell of the wagon last night again! Back on tonight!!
                            Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                              I never drank because I needed a drink but because I liked the way wine enhances the flavor in certain foods. I haven't found anything to replace it, not kombucha not seltzer water with lime. BTW I'm back to not drinking wine; I found that even white wine (even just one glass!) was making me feel less than optimal the next day, so I'm not even drinking on the weekend.
                              I'm the same but it's been interesting to see (now that I'm trying to keep alcohol to wknds) just what my mind says as I'm cooking...."what drink would you like to have w/ this?" But then sometimes I've noticed my drink choice was driven by stress.

White whine has more sulfates, right?

Originally posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
                              Realized that I need to surround myself with people and activities that involve alcohol.
                              Did you mean not involve alcohol? What ever it is you are doing, seems to be working great for you! Was sorry to read about your family member/friend who has been thru AA but drinking again. It is tough to watch, isn't it?

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by spk View Post

Did you mean not involve alcohol? What ever it is you are doing, seems to be working great for you! Was sorry to read about your family member/friend who has been thru AA but drinking again. It is tough to watch, isn't it?
                                Yes! Surround myself with activities and people that do not involve alcohol

Comment

Working...
                                X