Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ready to give up weekday drinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • After reading the thread, I decided to join in-this is my first week. I was having 2+ glasses of wine every day. I already feel more clearheaded in the mornings. The main challenge is my frequent business dinners where it is expected to drink wine at least...

    Comment


    • Week 1 and I was down by Wednesday. So shaken by carnival rides I hadn't been on in 20 years, I had a beer. And tonight was the last class of my grad program, so I "celebrated." Sigh. Is there no self-control? On the bright side, 2 days is a good stretch for me.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
        Free Babysitter! How can you refuse!!!???
        Indeed!!!

        Originally posted by mikebinkley View Post
        Week 1 and I was down by Wednesday. So shaken by carnival rides I hadn't been on in 20 years, I had a beer. And tonight was the last class of my grad program, so I "celebrated." Sigh. Is there no self-control? On the bright side, 2 days is a good stretch for me.
        Bear with me, I'm still working on the multi quoting thing...

        Hang in there MikeBinkley. If it's what you really want you'll get there. I admit this might have been easier for me lately because I haven't had that many "social" obligations to deal with. It will be interesting to see what happens when I get off my keyster and start getting out to the meetups like Paleobird suggested. But what's made it really great is the clear headed feeling I have in the mornings, as somebody else mentioned. Anyway, it's Friday, so wine tonight, that has been sitting in my fridge all this week untouched. Yay!
        Breathe. Move forward.

        I just eat what I want...

        Comment


        • Yay!

          Comment


          • Totally off topic: was inspired by Egg Girl to make boiled eggs, wound up eating 6 (yes 6) for lunch. Was a bomb. Not THE bomb...
            Breathe. Move forward.

            I just eat what I want...

            Comment


            • My first Saturday morning in ages with not even a trace of a hangover. Not drinking last night has left me primed to conquer today. A welcome change for the best!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TinaJefferson View Post
                My first Saturday morning in ages with not even a trace of a hangover. Not drinking last night has left me primed to conquer today. A welcome change for the best!
                Good for you!
                Breathe. Move forward.

                I just eat what I want...

                Comment


                • Hi Peeps!

                  Welp, I decided to have wine last night and it was just as dumb
                  and boring as it always was.

                  Small headache today, but nothing to write home about, so I'll still
                  take my car to be smogged and get my FLAT TIRE FIXED today (so annoying!).

                  On the booze front, I think I'm just done.

                  I was hoping that my one summer hurrah last night would be like welcoming
                  back an old friend... and that it would be fun, exciting and.... and.... and...

                  Oh well. At least with 45 days booze free under my belt, it beat the cravings and
                  the ritual of 5 o'clock Wine Time, so that is good.

                  And certainly not whining about not being a drinker anymore, it's just weird that I'm not.

                  I have been since I moved out of the house at 18, pretty much nightly, AND, well, was known
                  as the family drunk (in a good way, not an AA way).

                  Guess it's over, and that's fine with me, it's still just weird.

                  In 45 days I saved 200 dollars NOT buying wine every other day.

                  HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's HOT.

                  Too bad I have to blow it on my tire, smog and stupid %*^(&$%! registration. Snort.

                  Ah well, beats a liver transplant, I'm pretty sure those are a bit more pricey.

                  Carry on!

                  Julia

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by drheather View Post
                    After reading the thread, I decided to join in-this is my first week. I was having 2+ glasses of wine every day. I already feel more clearheaded in the mornings. The main challenge is my frequent business dinners where it is expected to drink wine at least...
                    yep...just wait until you get through next week!
                    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

                    My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                      Hi Peeps!

                      Welp, I decided to have wine last night and it was just as dumb
                      and boring as it always was.

                      Small headache today, but nothing to write home about, so I'll still
                      take my car to be smogged and get my FLAT TIRE FIXED today (so annoying!).

                      On the booze front, I think I'm just done.

                      I was hoping that my one summer hurrah last night would be like welcoming
                      back an old friend... and that it would be fun, exciting and.... and.... and...

                      Oh well. At least with 45 days booze free under my belt, it beat the cravings and
                      the ritual of 5 o'clock Wine Time, so that is good.

                      And certainly not whining about not being a drinker anymore, it's just weird that I'm not.

                      I have been since I moved out of the house at 18, pretty much nightly, AND, well, was known
                      as the family drunk (in a good way, not an AA way).

                      Guess it's over, and that's fine with me, it's still just weird.

                      In 45 days I saved 200 dollars NOT buying wine every other day.

                      HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's HOT.

                      Too bad I have to blow it on my tire, smog and stupid %*^(&$%! registration. Snort.

                      Ah well, beats a liver transplant, I'm pretty sure those are a bit more pricey.

                      Carry on!

                      Julia
                      45 days!?!?!?!? I have never gone longer than 10 days! You are inspiring!
                      True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

                      My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TinaJefferson View Post
                        My first Saturday morning in ages with not even a trace of a hangover. Not drinking last night has left me primed to conquer today. A welcome change for the best!
                        Go, get 'em TINA! You can do this!
                        True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

                        My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

                        Comment


                        • hey...don't sweat it. You made 2 days. Now try for 3 or 4...
                          True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

                          My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

                          Comment


                          • That's the goal.

                            45 days is pretty amazing.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                              Hi Peeps!

                              Welp, I decided to have wine last night and it was just as dumb
                              and boring as it always was.

                              Small headache today, but nothing to write home about, so I'll still
                              take my car to be smogged and get my FLAT TIRE FIXED today (so annoying!).

                              On the booze front, I think I'm just done.

                              I was hoping that my one summer hurrah last night would be like welcoming
                              back an old friend... and that it would be fun, exciting and.... and.... and...

                              Oh well. At least with 45 days booze free under my belt, it beat the cravings and
                              the ritual of 5 o'clock Wine Time, so that is good.

                              And certainly not whining about not being a drinker anymore, it's just weird that I'm not.

                              I have been since I moved out of the house at 18, pretty much nightly, AND, well, was known
                              as the family drunk (in a good way, not an AA way).

                              Guess it's over, and that's fine with me, it's still just weird.

                              In 45 days I saved 200 dollars NOT buying wine every other day.

                              HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's HOT.

                              Too bad I have to blow it on my tire, smog and stupid %*^(&$%! registration. Snort.

                              Ah well, beats a liver transplant, I'm pretty sure those are a bit more pricey.

                              Carry on!

                              Julia
                              Wow Julia!
                              Breathe. Move forward.

                              I just eat what I want...

                              Comment


                              • hello, I'd like to join you in this challenge. I drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine most nights. My biggest barrier is finding something else to do in the evenings. If I sit down to watch tv and decompress from work, I automatically have a drink. I need ideas to develop a new routine. I have anxiety and I discovered wine was an easy way to relax. Now it's become a habit I have trouble breaking. Thanks!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X