ready to give up weekday drinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Has yours ever swiped an ENTIRE large pizza off the counter, drug it across the tile, the carpet and
    over the threshold of the sliding glass door, out into the back yard, up against a fence and ate it while
    you took THREE SECONDS to go to the freaking bathroom?

Murder came to mind, but the cuteness saved her.
    Quick, Lassie, save Julia from the pizza.

Comment

Has yours ever swiped an ENTIRE large pizza off the counter, drug it across the tile, the carpet and
      over the threshold of the sliding glass door, out into the back yard, up against a fence and ate it while
      you took THREE SECONDS to go to the freaking bathroom?

Murder came to mind, but the cuteness saved her.
      Ha ha ha. The last time murder crossed my mind was when I caught him with his head in the cat litter box. It's behind a door with a cat flap so normally he can't get in there and he knows he's not even supposed to go in when the door is (rarely) open. I yelled at him and made suffer the guilt face for a few minutes (you know the look), but as you said, cuteness ultimately saved him...
      Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• I'm sure you've seen this, but it's just so classic, that you MUST watch it
        again.

Freaking hilarious every time.

Denver Official Guilty Dog Video www.facebook.com/guiltydog - YouTube

Comment

I'm sure you've seen this, but it's just so classic, that you MUST watch it
          again.

Freaking hilarious every time.

Denver Official Guilty Dog Video www.facebook.com/guiltydog - YouTube
          That is surely one of the best dog videos of all time, and yes that's the face. But it's so freaking cute that you can't stay mad for more than like a minute.

More on topic, argh, I had some wine last night, that was left over from the weekend. Back on track today!!!!

PS It WAS on the patio with said dog...
          Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm surprised that the dad could keep from laughing.

My dog would always just look the other way, most times, to the point
            of her head just snapping off her neck, as to say "what? huh? oh, are you
            talking to me? Nah, didn't think so." Brat.

You are on restriction for your indiscretion.

May the fleas of a thousand hyenas infest your eyelashes for the duration of
            the time it took to drink said wine with said dog on said patio.

Julia

Comment

• Hey all just found this post. I've been trying to cut back lately. Just feels like I need to cut down. Wine is my drink of preference which is why I find having one glass difficult. It's usually 3...For the past few weeks i've moved to beer because i can easily have one and be satiated. More filling. And yes, i know, not paleo. So kill me. ;p

My thing is to keep it to 0-1 drink weekdays and a few more on weekends. With at least 2 days no booze. Seems to be going ok.

My main thing is I need SOMETHING to drink. Decaf is a good one, or a really nice tea, spritzer, or some kinda fancy boozeless mojito. I like to feel like i'm treating myself. I do have to say, a glass of wine is more relaxing to me than beer...

Comment

• Well.....said weekend went by, I did per take in the few beers and couple of scotches but dang it, it was the weekend. Worked outside ALL weekend soooooo. Seriously I did cut wayyyyyy back from my usual. Nothing so far this week, not really even wanting any. Oh yeah that thing about DH on board. NOT! Crap, had lunch yesterday he ordered 2 sangria/marg swirls, me Tea. Last night 4 Jack and coke, me chicken broth. So I'm holding my own despite his temptation. He also went and bought a box of giant Paydays, which are like my all time favorite candy bar, btw, I rarely eat sweets, and keeps asking "Want a Payday" NO THANK YOU, "Just a bite?" NO Thank YOU! Geeeez, Sometimes he is worse than a little brother.
                I've got one of those stare at ya dogs, German Sherpard (old guy, 15) but doesn't matter Patio or not he sits at my feet and stares. I know it's just for treats, cause he is to old to want to walk very far, like across the living room to where I keep the treats. LOL! He doesn't care what I have beside me to drink.

Welcome new posters, join in and good luck with your mission. :0)

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
                  I've been about 75 percent primal for about 2 months. last week I started the 21 day transformation and have found that drinking really affects my energy more than ever has in the past.

I'm looking for support to not drink during the weekdays... I certainly can't make that commitment on the weekends.yet..

anyone in?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                  I have just started Primal and decided that I would only drink on the weekends and that would only be a few glasses of red. Unfortunately last night I fell of the weekday wagon and had 2 beers. Not gonna beat myself up about it though. So yes, I'm in.
                  Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• My issue is with booze.
                    I didn't drink from December to June and the fat just fell away - decided I'd 'cracked it' so 'allowed' myself to drink on holiday whilst at Rhodes, Greece. Bad mistake - I'm back drinking most days and fat is increasing.
                    Obviously, alcohol is a well established addictive drug and abstinence is the only way, especially as I now accept I have a problem with it.
                    I've booked myself into an Allen Carr Quit Drinking session: http://www.allencarrseasyway.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/AllenCarr/_Alcohol]click, 9 August. Wish me luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soulrunner View Post
                      I have just started Primal and decided that I would only drink on the weekends and that would only be a few glasses of red. Unfortunately last night I fell of the weekday wagon and had 2 beers. Not gonna beat myself up about it though. So yes, I'm in.
                      Welcome! It's a journey. We're a very supportive group, soooo I recommend using us. When you're thinking of drinking, write us and describe the situation. Also, there are some former daily drinkers who have found freedom from the pull of alcohol as a part of their daily routine through this thread and their own tools.

Anyone have advice?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Comment

• Originally posted by lordgrover View Post
                        My issue is with booze.
                        I didn't drink from December to June and the fat just fell away - decided I'd 'cracked it' so 'allowed' myself to drink on holiday whilst at Rhodes, Greece. Bad mistake - I'm back drinking most days and fat is increasing.
                        Obviously, alcohol is a well established addictive drug and abstinence is the only way, especially as I now accept I have a problem with it.
                        I've booked myself into an Allen Carr Quit Drinking session: http://www.allencarrseasyway.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/AllenCarr/_Alcohol]click, 9 August. Wish me luck.
                        Luck had nothing to do with it. Your effort to implement tools does. Thanks for sharing the program and until then, please find strength and a safe and place here. While to are going through out the program, please share

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by meloroaster View Post
                          Hey all just found this post. I've been trying to cut back lately. Just feels like I need to cut down. Wine is my drink of preference which is why I find having one glass difficult. It's usually 3...For the past few weeks i've moved to beer because i can easily have one and be satiated. More filling. And yes, i know, not paleo. So kill me. ;p

My thing is to keep it to 0-1 drink weekdays and a few more on weekends. With at least 2 days no booze. Seems to be going ok.

My main thing is I need SOMETHING to drink. Decaf is a good one, or a really nice tea, spritzer, or some kinda fancy boozeless mojito. I like to feel like i'm treating myself. I do have to say, a glass of wine is more relaxing to me than beer...
                          Welcome! I love mineral water on ice with limes and oranges squeezed in served in wine glass

Comment

• Happily back on track last night.

Welcome anybody who's new...
                            Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
                              Welcome! I love mineral water on ice with limes and oranges squeezed in served in wine glass

Last night i picked strawberries and mint from the garden and blitzed it with some lime, ice and spritzer. Yum! Then had some tea. No cravings really.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhanes View Post
                                Well.....said weekend went by, I did per take in the few beers and couple of scotches but dang it, it was the weekend. Worked outside ALL weekend soooooo. Seriously I did cut wayyyyyy back from my usual. Nothing so far this week, not really even wanting any. Oh yeah that thing about DH on board. NOT! Crap, had lunch yesterday he ordered 2 sangria/marg swirls, me Tea. Last night 4 Jack and coke, me chicken broth. So I'm holding my own despite his temptation. He also went and bought a box of giant Paydays, which are like my all time favorite candy bar, btw, I rarely eat sweets, and keeps asking "Want a Payday" NO THANK YOU, "Just a bite?" NO Thank YOU! Geeeez, Sometimes he is worse than a little brother.
                                I've got one of those stare at ya dogs, German Sherpard (old guy, 15) but doesn't matter Patio or not he sits at my feet and stares. I know it's just for treats, cause he is to old to want to walk very far, like across the living room to where I keep the treats. LOL! He doesn't care what I have beside me to drink.

Welcome new posters, join in and good luck with your mission. :0)
                                Way to go holding your own!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X