ready to give up weekday drinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for you bhanes!

It's going to be a breeze with your husband on board.

My husband is NOT on board and it's annoying at best.

Not because I want to drink too, just because I see all those
    empty beer cans come garbage day a $$$ down the freaking drain!

Or, his gullet I should say. SNORT.

Julia

Comment

• The biggest thing for me when I don't drink is how few calories I consume. For me, drinking to much over light buzz is a double whammy. First are the calories in the alcohol added to a normal day's calories. That in and of itself would be bad enough. But if I drink past light buzz, I will eat like I have eight assholes.

InSearchofAbs, congrats on your 27 days!
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Thanks Joanie!!!!!

Yeah, see, now if *I* eat during the light buzz phase, I will stop
        drinking all together and probably just go to sleep cuz then I'll get
        bored and tired.

The eating for me is either AFTER my gobs of wine, or, like I said,
        the next day is a farking free for all. Bottomless pit, swear to the G-Man.

Julia

Comment

• Hey kids - just stopping by to say hi. Mostly I've noticed changes in my sleep I guess. I think I actually get up to pee more times if I'm NOT drinking alcohol, which was sort of a surprise. But I think the sleep quality over all is still better. Also I think I'm saving money and of course calories. I think I'm sort of down a couple pounds overall as I'm an everyday weigher. (Don't bother telling me to stop, it's just a check not a daily freak out.) When I first started PB I was sort of trying to lose "the vanity pounds", then I sort of stopped worrying about that even while thinking to myself "well if you'd just cut out the wine!" So maybe it will slowly come off if I keep this up. We're only talking 5-10 pounds at the most so...This is helped along as well by what everybody mentions about not snacking after drinking. I don't really feel compelled to snack if I'm not having the wine.

Ha ha ha JoanieL I just reread the end of your last about the 8 a**holes, EXACTLY!
          Last edited by excursivey; 07-10-2013, 10:03 AM.
          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Would have never been able to pull myself out of the "4:00 drinking pattern/hole" without you guys!!! Much gratitude! :beer: cheers!

I need to not get cocky, though abd continue to check in.

Do you find the daily accountability crucial to long term success?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
              Do you find the daily accountability crucial to long term success?
              Certainly checking in and seeing how everyone is doing and cheering each other on is making it easier on ME. Hope that doesn't mean I'm supposed to me in AA after all...
              Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Yeah PF!

I -do- like having a place to check in and see how everyone is doing.

I understand about the "not getting cocky part".

Here I was spouting all the tripe about not having cravings anymore, and then
                after the boys and I cleaned the house from top to bottom (oh how I love pine sol!)
                for four hours, I was dead on my feet and the first thing that popped into my head?

"Damn a glass of wine sounds awesome right now, and I DESERVE IT!"

Took me three weeks to gut the damn house, go THROUGH everything, fill 20 bags of
                crap to recycle and throw away, 11 bankers boxes to shred, ten bags of clothes to the
                thrift store, and then organizing and putting away all the stuff I kept.

Today the boys and I are going to organize our garage-sellables, make signs and price tag
                everything.

SO SEE? I DESERVED THAT WINE!

And then, as if by magic, the sensation of that last hangover came creeping in and I was
                like, Oh HELLS NO. So I didn't.

Mysteriously enough, I HAVE replaced one activity with another.... Now at 5 or 5:30, instead
                of sitting out front in our chairs drinking, it's seed spitting time instead! My husband bought
                that BUCKET of individual packs of sunflower seeds from Costco for the baseball season (little league) a
                bit too late, so here we have 100 packs of seeds.

Anyway, so I grab one, one of my seltzer waters, sit out front and get to the super lady-like
                activity of spitting shells and eating seeds.

Quite the mess, but hey, I know how to use the blower AND a broom. OMG.

Carry on!

Julia

Comment

• Julia, you need chaw and a cuspidor and my image of you will be complete!

Comment

• What, you can't see that I have BOTH of those things right here?

PUT YOUR MONOCLE IN ALREADY! GOD!

Therrre ya go, see?

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                      What, you can't see that I have BOTH of those things right here?

PUT YOUR MONOCLE IN ALREADY! GOD!

Therrre ya go, see?
                      Hello again, were almost there. I'm on thirty today.

No stopping us now!
                      FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

• Great job SB!

Congrats on your 30 days!

Go get yourself one of these, and I'll pick mine up tomorrow.

HA!

1 Month AA Tokens, 30 Day AA Coins, 1 Month AA Chips

Comment

• Excellent, thanks. I've never had one of those before.
                          Never expected to get one either.

Well done you, too!
                          FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                            . Hope that doesn't mean I'm supposed to me in AA after all...
                            Don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Comment

• Today, was close to rationalizing a glass of wine two separate times....didn't drink, though. Without this thread, no doubt, I would have.

Comment

• I did have a glass of wine last night. In my job I had a hearing yesterday, that ironically/coincidently involved alcohol, lasted over 7 hours and I was so shocked to win I felt like I was gonna faint. It landed me on the front page of the local paper this morning believe it or not. Point being I was so wound up when I got home around 9 that I had a glass... All good and cheers!

Way to go Julia and Sol!!
                                Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X