Measuring my own head!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring my own head!

I usually have a big problem in getting a hat or a cap that fits because my head is too large compared to the average person living in my country. I also have the same problem with getting shoes that fits for my feet! So today I finally decided to measure my “upper head” - the skull - for the first time in many years! (“Lower head” is measured far more often!) I took the measures of my skull in a horizontal line right above my eyebrows and it measured exactly 61 cm (=24 inches)! Then I decided to weigh my head as well, but how on earth do you weigh your own head? I put my brand new digital scale on the floor and I lay down on my back putting the back of my head in the middle of the scale, and very disappointing; it showed only 11 pound! I repeated the procedure and another time the scale verificated that my head only weigh 11 pound!!! It seems that even if the circumference is above average, the weight of my head is very low for a big guy like me!

So, have you measured your head lately and what results did you get?

Last edited by Gorbag; 06-16-2013, 02:28 PM.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

11 pounds sounds about right. If you want a good chuckle, google "how do I weigh my head?"
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

So, Gorbag is telling us he has a big fat head...

Shocking!
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

60 cm
        9.6 kg

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
        A little primal gem - My Success Story
        Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

Originally posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
          60 cm
          9.6 kg
          Hey, thats very impressive head numbers dilberryhoundog! 9.6 kg, or 21.12 pound, almost the double weight of mine!
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
            Hey, thats very impressive head numbers dilberryhoundog! 9.6 kg, or 21.12 pound, almost the double weight of mine!
            Yeah I'm not sure that the measurements we get from weighing our heads are entirely accurate.

Although I have had people tell me I've got rocks in my head, could explain the weight difference

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            A little primal gem - My Success Story
            Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
              So, Gorbag is telling us he has a big fat head...

Shocking!
              No, what I am telling you is that I have a lightweight head - only 11 pound! It's large measured by circumference, but it weigh only 11 pound, so I am a bit worried now, is it possible that it is leaking?

- Schopenhauer

Comment

It's the carbs, Gorbag.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  It's the carbs, Gorbag.
                  Really? Do you have some interesting head measures to contibute to this important thread Paleobird?

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Really? Do you have some interesting head measures to contibute to this important thread Paleobird?
                    Sorry, Gorbag. Not that bored yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      Sorry, Gorbag. Not that bored yet.
                      Heh, and that comes from a poster with more than ten thousand postings...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

No, what I am telling you is that I have a lightweight head - only 11 pound! It's large measured by circumference, but it weigh only 11 pound, so I am a bit worried now, is it possible that it is leaking?
                        Hmmm, something must be missing...
                        I wonder what that could be.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

The average adult head weighs about 8-12 lbs according to medical science, not sure why you're worried. That 20lb head might have a tumor.
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                            The average adult head weighs about 8-12 lbs according to medical science, not sure why you're worried. That 20lb head might have a tumor.
                            Thats good news Derpamix! But I guess I have to cut it off first to get the correct numbers on the scale...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Thats good news Derpamix! But I guess I have to cut it off first to get the correct numbers on the scale...
                              Here, let me help you with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X