Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    I was talking about pointless threads devolving into holocaust denials and other irrelevant nonsense. I was not talking about the carb wars, OK?
    This thread wasn't pointless, it was fun for many! I think it made a rather good point. Besides, Tesla is always an enjoyable topic. Hitler... Not so much. I have no control over the way threads evolve, or devolve. Such is Internet life.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      Those are all opposing theories too though. If a thread goes beyond 4 pages, it never stays on a particular subject. Most people here have some form of ADD.
      Not to mention, involving more than 3 people in a conversation online is risky business to begin with. Someone's bound to show up and make a nuisance of themselves.
      --
      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
      I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Kochin View Post
        Not to mention, involving more than 3 people in a conversation online is risky business to begin with. Someone's bound to show up and make a nuisance of themselves.
        Yeah, that's me.

Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          Those are all opposing theories too though. If a thread goes beyond 4 pages, it never stays on a particular subject. Most people here have some form of ADD.
          But when the thread starts out with, "This guy was smart and he had this opinion on something that is nowhere near his area of expertise, therefore his opinion must be valuable and probably true", things tend to go downhill even faster than normal. I.e. garbage in, garbage out.

As to ADD, speak for yourself, you twitchy fingered troll

Comment

But at least it was interesting and started by an interesting person, unlike KimchiNinja and his failure of a thread that was nearly over before it started.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

But when the thread starts out with, "This guy was smart and he had this opinion on something that is nowhere near his area of expertise, therefore his opinion must be valuable and probably true", things tend to go downhill even faster than normal. I.e. garbage in, garbage out.

As to ADD, speak for yourself, you twitchy fingered troll
              Or, "this guy is quite possibly the smartest human to ever walk the face of the earth, and carbs obviously didn't make him stupid, nor dozens (millions?) of other notably gifted individuals."

Do you know his depth of expertise in nutrition? I don't, but I'd still gamble on him being correct to a certain degree.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

I was talking about pointless threads devolving into holocaust denials and other irrelevant nonsense. I was not talking about the carb wars, OK?
                What??? Are you sure that staying in ketosis for so long periods is good for you Paleobird? Your ability of reasoning seem to lack something important, so I suggest that you take a vacation from all those ketone bodies and get some healthy carbs (i.e. glucose!) to feed your brain for a while…
                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Nikola Tesla isn't a credible source of nutritional wisdom but apparently Internet bloggers with degrees in unrelated fields are!

Comment

Wait a minute, I'm confused, I thought the goal was to build more muskles, now folks are sayen being smart is better!

So did Tesla LIFT? Maybe he's not a good example because he never got laid.
                    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                      Or, "this guy is quite possibly the smartest human to ever walk the face of the earth, and carbs obviously didn't make him stupid, nor dozens (millions?) of other notably gifted individuals."

Do you know his depth of expertise in nutrition? I don't, but I'd still gamble on him being correct to a certain degree.
                      Now you are just taking yourself way too seriously especially for a thread you said was all about the "funsies".

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                        Wait a minute, I'm confused, I thought the goal was to build more muskles, now folks are sayen being smart is better!

I betcha he wore skinny jeans.

Comment

Bigger brain > bigger muscles

All throughout history people have taken vows of celibacy, many find the spiritual and mental stimulation far more intense. I find it admirable.

Comment

I betcha he wore skinny jeans.
                            That's what I'm thinken.
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I'm going with this.
                              I'm not trading eating meat for a few IQ points and skipping sex.
                              That sounds like an incredibly bad deal.
                              Seriously.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Now you are just taking yourself way too seriously especially for a thread you said was all about the "funsies".
                                It's mostly about the funsies. Like, 90%. I'll take some crap for team tesla though. Lulz

Comment

Working...
                                X