Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    I always knew you were a little odd............
    Just a little?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
      You forgot Adolf Hitler on that excellent list Yogabare! Hmmm, does vegetarianism make morally better humans? I am not too sure about that...

Famous bad guy vegetarian from the past:

I would not say Hitler is immoral, there are many sketchy things regarding the history of that whole debacle. Of course, last time I posted about Hitler, it was deleted and I was contacted by the JIDF.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        <3 thanks, I get it from my mom

Your latest post is really informative with many good points btw.
        Your sugar mama? Heh

And Tyty <3

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
          Your sugar mama? Heh

And Tyty <3
          Yea, she actually pretty much eats the same as me, except with bread, and more PUFA. We're amazingly a lot alike, we often shoot the shit over weed(she thinks cigarettes will kill me though ) and talk about WW2 and conspiracy theories.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

I would not say Hitler is immoral, there are many sketchy things regarding the history of that whole debacle. Of course, last time I posted about Hitler, it was deleted and I was contacted by the JIDF.
            Paging Dr. Anna.....

Comment

JIDF? Is that some modern Gestapo or thought police? Immoral or not, he was a political cynic and universally recognized bad guy by most people, including me! And a vegetarian as well...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Paging Dr. Anna.....
                You forgot the Anna signal(like the bat signal)

Guaranteed to come now
                Make America Great Again

Comment

JIDF? Is that some modern Gestapo or thought police? Immoral or not, he was a political cynic and universally recognized bad guy by most people, including me! And a vegetarian as well...
                  Jewish Internet Defense Force

I have other opinions, but this is a touchy subject, one which even I will have to censor myself from.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

This was fun to read. Anyhow: Hitler wasn't vegetarian. He was a hipster flexitarian (did it before it was cool -- or even had a name). He believed that restricting his consumption of meat would:
                    -lead to greater health
                    -reduce animal suffering by returning farming to nature (he was a huge animal-rights advocate and didn't like the way most animals were raised for slaughter)
                    -bring him closer to his own people's suffering (he himself had experienced rations during WWI and didn't want to be the ruler that dined on steak while his people went hungry)

If you find yourself labeling a human being as "evil" you have to ask yourself where that idea came from and why you believe it. In nature (and therefore in humanity) there is no evil, just need, misinterpretation and conflicting interests.
                    --
                    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                    I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Interesting use of the term "Gestapo".

Yeah, I think killing 6 million people qualifies as immoral. That has bupkis to do with his vegetarianism in the same way that Tesla's intelligence and dietary preferences are unrelated.

Yes, that other thread was stupid but starting this one to hit back was even dumber.

Comment

Jewish Internet Defense Force

I have other opinions, but this is a touchy subject, one which even I will have to censor myself from.
                        Huh, Big brother is watching us I guess, so I'll better watch my back hereafter! But he really was a vegetarian and stuffed himself with non-primal cakes as well! Very bad guy indeed...
                        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Huh, Big brother is watching us I guess, so I'll better watch my back hereafter! But he really was a vegetarian and stuffed himself with non-primal cakes as well! Very bad guy indeed...
                          Indeed
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

Interesting use of the term "Gestapo".

Yeah, I think killing 6 million people qualifies as immoral. That has bupkis to do with his vegetarianism in the same way that Tesla's intelligence and dietary preferences are unrelated.

Yes, that other thread was stupid but starting this one to hit back was even dumber.
                            Bringing opposing theories to light is dumb? I think you just dislike the fact that you're in the minority of carnivorous escapades. Tesla may or may not have had nutrition correct, but his intellectual and scientific credibility is sound and I would err on the side of him being more right than Internet gurus with book-selling agendas.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                              Bringing opposing theories to light is dumb? I think you just dislike the fact that you're in the minority of carnivorous escapades. Tesla may or may not have had nutrition correct, but his intellectual and scientific credibility is sound and I would err on the side of him being more right than Internet gurus with book-selling agendas.
                              I was talking about pointless threads devolving into holocaust denials and other irrelevant nonsense. I was not talking about the carb wars, OK?

Comment

Those are all opposing theories too though. If a thread goes beyond 4 pages, it never stays on a particular subject. Most people here have some form of ADD.
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X