Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
    Personally I find eating grains a bit barbaric as well! Think about it; those poor wheat and oats plants don’t want their seed to be eaten by herbivores and humans, and tries to protect themselves as best they can with a defence system of anti-nutrients such as phytates and lectins, so eating them are definitely against their will…
    Yup. Clearly fruitarianism is the only morally acceptable dietary protocol!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

• Older people don't need less protein, they need less excitatory amino acids such as tryptophan(also carcinogenic), glutamate, aspartic acid, etc;
      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by j3nn View Post
        I don't think either are generally humane, but not equally barbaric either depending on where the dairy farm is and their policies. Differing degrees from small farm to mass production milking machines. You keep trying to make a point that I am misguided when I already admitted a few pages back that I am hypocritical. I eat meat and dairy, but I dislike the means to the end. Do I really need to love it and be happy about it?
        You don't have to do anything, but I'd prefer we all looked at our food with reverence and respect rather than pity. My problem is the implication that you feel more righteous about eating anything else, as if the death you don't see on your plate doesn't count.

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        Circle of life and whatnot, but, propose, that if a cow is happy, would it be happy knowing that you're going to stick a pole through its brain and eat it later? Or, would it be happy knowing that its sole purpose in life is to feed you? Likely not.
        Would you be happy knowing that your sole purpose is to feed the bacteria and worms? Because what you're implying is extremely anthropocentric and the universe isn't.

Lions don't have nearly the same complex moral system as human beings(some anyway) thus, the way they think, perceive, and act is entirely different(or should be) than a human being.
        If lions were capable of our type of morality, what would you suggest they eat?

No matter what you eat though, you're going to put someone, or something out. Welcome to plantation earth.
        Hell, every day you don't get yourself eaten you're putting something out. That's why I say, if you feel so guilty about taking your damn turn, feed yourself to a shark.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I would argue with the definition of barbarian and barbarism as a Roman fallacy.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            Can you stop calling everyone with a different opinion than you a troll? This is not trolling. FFS, this is what happens when older people discover the internet in 2011.
            If I went to the Ray Peat forums (are there Ray Peat forums?) and tried to share my ideas over there, I wouldn't complain about being called a troll. Not sure why his acolytes are offended by the terminology when they come here.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              You don't have to do anything, but I'd prefer we all looked at our food with reverence and respect rather than pity. My problem is the implication that you feel more righteous about eating anything else, as if the death you don't see on your plate doesn't count.

Would you be happy knowing that your sole purpose is to feed the bacteria and worms? Because what you're implying is extremely anthropocentric and the universe isn't.

If lions were capable of our type of morality, what would you suggest they eat?

Hell, every day you don't get yourself eaten you're putting something out. That's why I say, if you feel so guilty about taking your damn turn, feed yourself to a shark.
              I use complex moral system as a nice way of saying arrogance, because, it's obvious that our feeling of morality is just guilt because we put ourselves on a higher level, even though we're all here just to feed the planet. The danger lies in when human beings think they're higher than this, and that's why we're killing the planet by sucking away all its resources and living way too long.

And, I know that life is pointless, I'm a nihilist, and I'm not exactly happy either.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

If I went to the Ray Peat forums (are there Ray Peat forums?) and tried to share my ideas over there, I wouldn't complain about being called a troll. Not sure why his acolytes are offended by the terminology when they come here.
                Not offended, but it's used in the wrong context, because no one is actually trolling here. If you want to see trolling, go to some pits of the internet.

I would call them wrong for calling you a troll for that there too. Are there even consensus of opinions here? This place is a clusterfuck.
                Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                  I use complex moral system as a nice way of saying arrogance, because, it's obvious that our feeling of morality is just guilt because we put ourselves on a higher level, even though we're all here just to feed the planet. The danger lies in when human beings think they're higher than this, and that's why we're killing the planet by sucking away all its resources and living way too long.
                  Inside the community vs. outside the community. Spirits in the plants and animals vs. invisible sky gods. I think we're actually on the same page here.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Actually i bet you would get a rational and constructive discussion. Most Peat followers have run the gauntlet of diets and are very open minded. Not so with Paleo, most think this is the golden god of diets and immediately put their blinders on. Add on top of thatt the low cognitive function of ketosis...

Comment

You're conflating death with the absence of energy? Maybe you should get a dictionary and look up the word energy.
                      When a biological creature is dead, does it still require energy?

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      Go back to your comic books and leave the rational adults alone.
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerating_change

How is getting defensive about a diet like some would defend their religion in any way rational?

Comment

Dude, I feel bad when I accidentally kill a bug whether it was part of my food or not. I do feel bad for any loss of life down the line, even more so if I purposely target it. But like I said about 8709383 times in this thread, my selfishness by far outweighs my compassion for animals, obviously. I feel bad, but obviously not bad enough to put the life of others before my own.
                        Last edited by j3nn; 06-17-2013, 09:39 AM.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Yup. Clearly fruitarianism is the only morally acceptable dietary protocol!
                          In the case of fruits, the plants take an highly immoral advantage of ignorant fruit eaters making a food colorful and so sweet tasting that the frugivore eat so much of it that he get a diarrhea, and so the seeds are spread by onset of a mild diarrhea of an innocent frugivore! Just take a look on the shit from birds or other animals that eat lots of fruits, they all get diarreha…
                          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by DamienMaddox View Post
                            It's still in research phases and won't be in production for years. Don't you think its a little ignorant to judge something without ever having seen or tried it?

What about the fecal matter and bacteria that occurs and comes in contact with organic meats? How does "test tube" meat gross you out more than that?
                            i live in a rural area, i'm comfortable with 'contaminated'. i don't mind dirty, and no i don't think it's ignorant at all.

i think meat grown in a lab is repulsive
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                              In the case of fruits, the plants take an highly immoral advantage of ignorant fruit eaters making a food colorful and so sweet tasting that the frugivore eat so much of it that he get a diarrhea, and so the seeds are spread by onset of a mild diarrhea of an innocent frugivore! Just take a look on the shit from birds or other animals that eat lots of fruits, they all get diarreha…
                              Damn oranges. I knew they were up to no good!!

Comment

Dude, I feel bad when I accidentally kill a bug whether it was part of my food or not. I do feel bad for any loss of life down the line, even more so if I purposely target it. But like I said about 8709383 times in this thread, my selfishness by far outweighs my compassion for animals, obviously. I feel bad, but obviously not bad enough to put the life of others before my own.
                                So, when you choose to intervene and save the life of an insect that has gotten itself stuck, say a ladybug in a puddle, do you also feel bad?
                                The ladybug had clearly come to it's own end, and by saving it's life you will cause hundreds more deaths because the ladybug will go on to eat many, many aphids. Gobble them up alive.
                                Any guilt there?

If not then there shouldn't be with any animal you consume for food.

I do the same thing. I save small creatures, but I have no illusions or qualms about the part they play in the grand circle.
                                Things eat and/or are eaten, and that is OK.
                                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X