Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupidest Weight Loss Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Graycat View Post
    ....and if all else fails, there is the cotton ball diet.
    Tastes great with soya sauce!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

    Comment


    • #32
      The worst diet advice I've ever heard, and I hear it every day (including here) is

      "Listen to your body".

      Uh...no thanks. My body is a lousy conversationalist. From now on my body is going to listen to me.
      be the hair that knots with my hair
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      primal since oct. 1, 2012

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
        Eat a diet of boiled eggs and grapefruit juice.

        The boiled eggs will help with weight loss

        The grapefruit juice will nullify the "unhealthy" effects of the cholesterol on your heart
        I just boil my eggs in grapefruit juice in order to cut out the middle man.

        SWLA - "Oh, you ate <insert ton of non-primal crap here>? That is okay, just do better tomorrow. Call it your 20%"

        Sure that works if you do it on say Thanksgiving (or another very rare occasion). It does not work if you do it 4 times a week.

        Enabling is not encouragement.

        Comment


        • #34
          Anti-depressants will help you lose weight!
          Depression Lies

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by little vase View Post
            The worst diet advice I've ever heard, and I hear it every day (including here) is

            "Listen to your body".

            Uh...no thanks. My body is a lousy conversationalist. From now on my body is going to listen to me.

            Ain't that the truth! Listening to my body got me fat in the first place! Now it can listen to me.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              Divorce also. I once lost 175 unwanted pounds just by signing a form.
              Hahahaha!!! I lost the same amount of wt. doing this too!

              Unfortunately, I also lost about 40 lbs prior to that due to stress and nursing a baby before I signed on the dotted line (right after my mom told my I looked like shit - she's tactfully honest and I love it).

              I DON'T recommend stress for a diet but it could be consider a STUPID way to lose weight for some.
              Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                I DON'T recommend stress for a diet but it could be consider a STUPID way to lose weight for some.
                That remind me of my sister. She's naturally thin but she keeps saying she's going to write a diet book called "Worrying Works" because whenever she's anxious she loses her appetite. She jokingly tells me to have an affair and then the stress of screwing things up with my husband will cause me to be unable to eat so I'll lose weight.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by nikitakolata View Post
                  That remind me of my sister. She's naturally thin but she keeps saying she's going to write a diet book called "Worrying Works" because whenever she's anxious she loses her appetite. She jokingly tells me to have an affair and then the stress of screwing things up with my husband will cause me to be unable to eat so I'll lose weight.
                  Well, I guess that'd be one way to do it. Ha!

                  Both of my younger sisters are stress eaters and pack on the pounds with it. One of them also gets horrible acne because of it, which must suck when your over 40. I'd rather have my kind of stress if I had a choice.
                  Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Start smoking. You'll be so addicted to having a cigarette in your mouth at all times there won't be any room for food! All the models are doing it!
                    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

                    My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                      Well, demonizing a particular macronutrient is the equivalent of saying avoid ALL carbs when you are advised to avoid almost all of the sources that they come from: grains, sweeteners, fruits, tubers, starchy vegetables, and dairy. Advising one to adhere to a diet of meats and non-starchy vegetables doesn't exactly scream eat ALL TEH CARBS!
                      J3nn, please chill. I think this thread was meant to be poking light hearted fun at all extreme and silly things such as the cabbage soup diet.
                      You poked a little fun at low carb so I poked a little fun at Peatarianism. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Yeah, I was poking in the sphere of the completely crazy dietary novelties, not macros adjustments that are highly individual.
                        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by little vase View Post
                          The worst diet advice I've ever heard, and I hear it every day (including here) is

                          "Listen to your body".

                          Uh...no thanks. My body is a lousy conversationalist. From now on my body is going to listen to me.
                          Originally posted by KV8R View Post
                          Ain't that the truth! Listening to my body got me fat in the first place! Now it can listen to me.
                          I couldn't agree more. When you are completely healthy and have a perfectly functioning metabolism maybe you can "listen" a little better and trust that your body is not too mixed up to know what it's talking about.

                          Even with the perfect Grokian metabolism, we are designed to gain weight as a survival mechanism against future famines which in our modern world never come. I totally agree that, living in the modern world of food available 24/7/365 in abundance for zero physical effort (unless you count opening the fridge) we need to impose some control from the top down.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Leida View Post
                            Yeah, I was poking in the sphere of the completely crazy dietary novelties, not macros adjustments that are highly individual.
                            Did you really see a diet out there that said to eat rotting lettuce? If so, WTF?
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              That was the point to come with a completely outrageous advice. (Sigh) Sorry, I have an odd sense of humor.
                              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                J3nn, please chill. I think this thread was meant to be poking light hearted fun at all extreme and silly things such as the cabbage soup diet.
                                You poked a little fun at low carb so I poked a little fun at Peatarianism. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
                                Chillin'
                                | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

                                “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X