No announcement yet.

"Lady Paleos": Apparently, We're Mindless Followers, Dressed in Polka-dots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos have been approved. I have nothing else to contribute. No "paleo lady" photos from this buzz-cut gal =\
    Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
      Crap, I must not be a proper lady then.

My feet are the same length as my husband's (but his are wider).
      Who asked Sasquatch's opinion?
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        Ladybugs are good luck. You are bad news. I fail to see the connection.
        Good luck and the right kind of bad news are commensurate IMO.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          Photos have been approved. I have nothing else to contribute. No "paleo lady" photos from this buzz-cut gal =\
          Mod!
          Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
          Starting Weight: 294 pounds
          Current Weight: 235 pounds
          Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            Who asked Sasquatch's opinion?
            I normally don't ask his opinion, I just fix something (or not).
            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

There's some truth to it. Women tend to get into Paleo and try all the million recipes, especially ones aimed at replacing non-Paleo foods. Men tend to do the least work possible in order to get nutrition in their bellies. I fit the dichotomy. I've made a few recipes, but I'm waiting until I have a serious girlfriend to go full bore into them. It's otherwise wasted effort for just me.

Comment

Actually Wilton, the women in the paleo community who were interviewed for the article got into Paleo for their health issues first and foremost, then started creating recipes that many other people now follow. At least that is directly the story of at least one of them, and she was very direct with the author on this article on that point.

I read a piece by one of them today stating that if she had known how this article was going to go, and how she and her fellow writers in the paleosphere (all in the same boat according to her) were going to be treated, they would have never participated. The way they answered her questions was completely misrepresented by this journalist according to her. And that sounds about right for this level of such reporting.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                  There's some truth to it. Women tend to get into Paleo and try all the million recipes, especially ones aimed at replacing non-Paleo foods. Men tend to do the least work possible in order to get nutrition in their bellies. I fit the dichotomy. I've made a few recipes, but I'm waiting until I have a serious girlfriend to go full bore into them. It's otherwise wasted effort for just me.
                  does this mean i'm a guy? because all these things people keep saying women do, i don't do
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    does this mean i'm a guy? because all these things people keep saying women do, i don't do
                    Same.

Must be a dude too.
                    I'm not baking anything. Though I do enjoy spicing things and grilling them... it doesn't require me trying a million recipes. I just cook my food like I cook it the way I always have, but with "paleo/primal" ingredients.
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      Yeah, the gender stereotypes make me stabby.

Because yeah, I make tasty, tasty food. I make fruit jam, and a (gluten free) chocolate truffle cake that my extended family devours every holiday. I wear pretty clothes and eyeliner and lipstick. I know how to knit, crochet, needlepoint, and mend. I can use a damn spinning wheel. I have an herb garden.

But I also know how to, and have, built a split rail fence, I'm the one who crawls under the sink to fix the plumbing, I use power tools, I refinish furniture for fun, and I grill like a BAMF.

So, either I'm a freak of nature, or gender stereotypes are moronic.

(by the way, I'm also EMT trained, so you want me on your side when civilization collapses)
                      Last edited by Cathartes; 06-13-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seashells View Post
                        [ATTACH]12084[/ATTACH]
                        Love it! Way to rock the polka-dots, Shells! I'm sure that Fluffy was honored to share the picture with you. (if not, that bunny was an ingrate)

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                          Oh, you charmer, you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cathartes View Post
                            Yeah, the gender stereotypes make me stabby.

Because yeah, I make tasty, tasty food. I make fruit jam, and a (gluten free) chocolate truffle cake that my extended family devours every holiday. I wear pretty clothes and eyeliner and lipstick. I know how to knit, crochet, needlepoint, and mend. I can use a damn spinning wheel. I have an herb garden.

But I also know how to, and have, built a split rail fence, I'm the one who crawls under the sink to fix the plumbing, I use power tools, I refinish furniture for fun, and I grill like a BAMF.

So, either I'm a freak of nature, or gender stereotypes are moronic.

(by the way, I'm also EMT trained, so you want me on your side when civilization collapses)
                            I like you.
                            Last edited by Paleobird; 06-13-2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              I like you.
                              Me too. Anyone who gives the finger that well in photographs is okay in my book.

Comment

• I think she's a freak.

But then, aren't we all?
                                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Working...
                                X