No announcement yet.

"Lady Paleos": Apparently, We're Mindless Followers, Dressed in Polka-dots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^At least you won't be losing any sodium that way.
    Depression Lies

Comment

Funniest thread in a long time.

I guess that since I don't "have a man" for whom to make goat leg, the tribe would just throw me out to the tigers to be eaten. I do, however, occasionally sit outside with little cave kids at my feet and tell them stories of the good old days.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Angel0 View Post
        Is this a bad time to admit I have a cute pair of polka dot boyshorts that drive my bf absolutely bonkers???
        It is unless you have photo evidence.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I don't get it. Not a single photo provided with the article has the polka-dot pattern. That woman in the fantasy barbarian outfit paired with a careful make-up looks pretty funny. So, instead of Chicks in Chainmail we now have Babes in Ripped Furs?
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I ventured into the comments... only one was negative about paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Sounds like you ladies are suffering from hysteria. You know how that's treated, right?
              LMFAO!

...oopsie! I had better say "LMAO" - can't be treating myself for a medical condition, can I??
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                LMFAO!

...oopsie! I had better say "LMAO" - can't be treating myself for a medical condition, can I??
                No, you should probably ask one of the other ladies to help you.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Question. Does anyone actually have a recipe for banana porridge? Inquiring minds want to know.
                  Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                    Question. Does anyone actually have a recipe for banana porridge? Inquiring minds want to know.
                    Nope. I do have they lyrics to the song "Banana Pancakes" however.

"Banana Pancakes"

Originally posted by Jack Johnson
                    Can't you see that it's just raining?
                    Ain't no need to go outside...

But, baby, you hardly even notice
                    When I try to show you this
                    Song is meant to keep you
                    From doing what you're supposed to.
                    Waking up too early
                    Maybe we can sleep in
                    Make you banana pancakes
                    Pretend like it's the weekend now

And we could pretend it all the time
                    There ain't no need to go outside

But just maybe, like a ukulele
                    Momma made a baby
                    Really don't mind the practice
                    'cause you're my little lady
                    Lady, lady, love me
                    'cause I love to lay here lazy
                    We could close the curtains
                    Pretend like there's no world outside

Ain't no need, ain't no need, mmm, mmm,
                    Can't you see, can't you see?
                    Rain all day, and I don't mind

But the telephone is singing
                    Ringing
                    It's too early
                    Don't pick it up
                    We don't need to
                    We got everything
                    We need right here
                    And everything we need is enough
                    Just so easy
                    When the whole world fits inside of your arms
                    Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm?
                    Wake up slow, mmm mm, wake up slow

But, baby, you hardly even notice
                    When I try to show you this
                    Song is meant to keep ya
                    From doing what you're supposed to
                    Waking up too early
                    Maybe we can sleep in
                    Make you banana pancakes
                    Pretend like it's the weekend now

Ain't no need, ain't no need
                    Rain all day, and I really, really, really don't mind
                    Can't you see, can't you see?
                    You gotta wake up slow
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                      I don't get it. Not a single photo provided with the article has the polka-dot pattern. That woman in the fantasy barbarian outfit paired with a careful make-up looks pretty funny. So, instead of Chicks in Chainmail we now have Babes in Ripped Furs?
                      That woman to which you refer is actually quite famous.
                      It's the actress Raquel Welch in her really well known role in the movie One Million Years BC. Not exactly a great film, but the photo you see has become pretty iconic.
                      I'm going to assume that is why it was chosen, as it was supposed to reflect hot "paleo" women.
                      Last edited by cori93437; 06-13-2013, 10:18 AM.
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

That article is terrible. Must have been written by a woman...
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                          That woman to which you refer is actually quite famous.
                          It's the actress Raquel Welch in her really well known role in the movie One Million Years BC. Not exactly a great film, but the photo you see has become pretty iconic.
                          I'm going to assume that is why it was chosen, as it reflects "paleo" humans.
                          This photo being the last poster Andy Dufresne had hanging in his cell in the movie The Shawshank Redemption.

Comment

Zoop 1 very ripe banana (and a few berries if desired) with about a cup of egg whites (or a couple of whole eggs), cinnamon and sea salt in a Magic Bullet. Microwave for 2 minutes in a deep bowl. Mix with a fork. If consistency is not to your liking give it another minute to cook. You can get a souffle/mug cake in the end as all solids.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Heh--I actually wrote a little artical about my (positive) experience with paleo and I used that same image of Raquel, just to be silly. Kinda makes me cringe seeing the same image used to bash people like me.
                              My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                              (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                              Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                              (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake
                                LOL!

All right, ladies, that's enough with the chit-chat. It makes us men-folk nervous when you start to resemble someone thinking independently. Leave the fancy larnin' to us, and that includes the satire. We men-folk don't care for sassin', back-talk, or clever business.
                                Thank you sir! I almost had a thought until I read this, I'm so glad you came along and saved me from fancy larnin' clever business. I'll just take my sporty, healthy, attractive self back into the kitchen now
                                "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

Working...
                                X