Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why am i not losing????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    I have in fact been able to stop taking all fast acting insulin and down to only 8 units of Lantus!!
    First off... That's flipping awesome!!!

    Back years ago when I lost weight, I would lose 3-5 lbs and stay that way for a while and then lose another 3-5 lbs. I ended up losing around 30 lbs over the course of 2 years. From 165 to 132. How long has it been since you last lost any?

    Would there be a way for you to have a day with a few more calories without having blood sugar issues? You may have come to a point to where you body needs a little tricking. Your body is probably used to running on 1100-1300 calories a day and has down regulated to that.

    It's great that you have alot of energy and you said thyroid was normal. Most doctors only look at TSH. Free T3 and Free T4 are what needs to be looked at to determine if there is a thyroid problem. As long as you aren't shedding lots of hair, no fatigue, cold hands and feet, then you can count out thyroid.

    Comment


    • #32
      CarbDodger you are so sweet!! We are making a difference in our health!! Thank you for all the encouragement!!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        My point is that you jump to the conclusion "they must be eating too much fat" before even knowing how much they are eating overall or any other stats like height.

        And diabetic people have hormonal and metabolic issues that make the simplistic CICO model pretty useless for them. Until you take a course in endocrinology or experience diabetes yourself please refrain from shoving your experience down other peoples very different throats.

        Carbdodger, otoh, knows what she is talking about.
        Diabetic, hormonal disorder or whatever - a person that is very active and lift heavy and eat less than 75 gram of carbs per day will lose weight for sure! Unless that person is overeating fat, is a dwarf, or is measuring wrong! Other options are extremely unlikely...
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

        - Schopenhauer

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
          Diabetic, hormonal disorder or whatever - a person that is very active and lift heavy and eat less than 75 gram of carbs per day will lose weight for sure! Unless that person is overeating fat, is a dwarf, or is measuring wrong! Other options are extremely unlikely...
          Just because you don't understand the other options doesn't make them unlikely. Go have a diet soda and pump some iron. If you haven't noticed, the folks here with diabetes are totally ignoring you.

          Comment


          • #35
            Just a thought, try varying your calories a bit. Maybe 1100 one day, and 1400 the next, then maybe 1000, and then 1500. Also, do you tend to eat the same foods over and over again? If you do, sometimes that can cause your weight loss to stall. Try out some new foods and see what happens.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Just because you don't understand the other options doesn't make them unlikely. Go have a diet soda and pump some iron. If you haven't noticed, the folks here with diabetes are totally ignoring you.
              Very well then, people can believe whatever they want, and you can continue to post your old wife's tales for another 10,000 postings! Hmmm, who is next out here, maybe ecatherine with her fantasy about how she gained weight on an 800 calorie diet?
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

              - Schopenhauer

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                Very well then, people can believe whatever they want, and you can continue to post your old wife's tales for another 10,000 postings! Hmmm, who is next out here, maybe ecatherine with her fantasy about how she gained weight on an 800 calorie diet?
                You live in a fantasy world where you imagine that everything you don't understand is a lie somebody made up, Gorebug.

                The issue is people trying to suppress data that disagrees with their foregone conclusions. It is what has held back science. How much do they pay you to post nonsense supporting CW?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by jewelbug28 View Post
                  I am listening so please help me!! I am a 37 year old female with diabetes. I currently weigh 138 pounds and am 28% body fat!! I have been on every kind of "diet" for most if my life!! I am sure that has impacted my metabolism.

                  The last year has been a turning point and I know that PB is the way for me!!

                  Please tell me what I can do differently. Thank you!!
                  Considering you lift weights as you mentioned in another message, I think your current weight of 138 for a 5'3 frame is in good proportion....ok, you have 28% body fat, why is this a bad thing?

                  Taking into consideration your diabetic history, i'm sure this definitely affects your metabolic rate. Perhaps your body is using up your muscle and not your fat during metabolism?
                  What body fat are you aiming for? And why?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I haven't been on this forum for long, but one common trend I notice is that this user paleobird chimes in on almost every thread, and ALWAYS seems to have a problem with someone. FFS I'm getting sick of her. I need to find a way to block or hide her posts.

                    To the OP. good luck in reversing your diabetes

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Brooksam thanks!!!
                      I lost 65 pounds in 6 months!! I haven't lost any weight in the last 6 months!! Ugh!! I have lost body % fat......only 5%. Its slowed down soo much that I get frustrated!! I have a desk job and Feel that it has slowed me down!! I have to fit in the majority of my being active around my work hours!! I take a walk break at least 4 times a day. I approached my boss about a tread desk but he said no!! I even offered to buy it!!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Gorbag

                        I am just trying to reach out in this forum for advice!! Thank you to all who are actually here to support and encourage one another!!
                        Thats a good point that you bring up about maybe i am consuming more than i think..... I am weighing everything now and so far have been extremely close to what I thought it was!!
                        Think about the way you approach topics......I am willing to listen to all advice. If I thought I was perfect I wouldn't be asking!!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by pollo_la View Post
                          Just a thought, try varying your calories a bit. Maybe 1100 one day, and 1400 the next, then maybe 1000, and then 1500. Also, do you tend to eat the same foods over and over again? If you do, sometimes that can cause your weight loss to stall. Try out some new foods and see what happens.
                          I will try that!! Would you think it would be better to increase the calories in fat, carbs, or protein??

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by pollo_la View Post
                            Just a thought, try varying your calories a bit. Maybe 1100 one day, and 1400 the next, then maybe 1000, and then 1500. Also, do you tend to eat the same foods over and over again? If you do, sometimes that can cause your weight loss to stall. Try out some new foods and see what happens.
                            Thank you!! I plan on switching up my calories!! I have to admit that I get stuck in a rut at times and eat the same things. I have a tin of cookbooks so I need to get them out and switch it up!! What is your favorite breakfast lunch and dinner??

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              Very cool.

                              There have been several posters over the years here who have gotten their diabetes under control and some have completely reversed their diagnosis.

                              Some that spring to mind that you might try finding in the archives are Griff, TAWFunGuy, and Tormag.
                              Thank you!!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by kiks View Post
                                Considering you lift weights as you mentioned in another message, I think your current weight of 138 for a 5'3 frame is in good proportion....ok, you have 28% body fat, why is this a bad thing?

                                Taking into consideration your diabetic history, i'm sure this definitely affects your metabolic rate. Perhaps your body is using up your muscle and not your fat during metabolism?
                                What body fat are you aiming for? And why?
                                I am aiming for a body % fat of 22. I really don't have a specific reason. I feel that maybe I would for the first time be content with my body!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X