"I could never do that."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't told anyone yet.

On hubby's side, his mum is a homeopathic doctor and nateropath, and honestly, she's AWESOME when it comes to health, healing and being ruthless about your diet. On the other hand, she's sold on grains, and tries not to have too much red meat or fats.
    I'm afraid we'll tell her and she'll just shake her head and list a really complicated set of reasons why this is a bad idea....

On my side I have a mum and dad who do WW and count points.
    She likes being able to eat crap, and still call it a diet.
    I briefly told her about how we're cutting out wheat and starches and she just said: "It's not sustainable. You'll lose weight, then start eating carbs again and balloon".
    Which is true, for her. She did Atkins, lost weight, then starting eating the same way again and just swelled up.

I don't think she gets the whole "lifestyle change" part of it... hmm.

~Jen
    The ridiculous, hilarious, sometimes infuriating and frustrating journal of one woman trying to feed a family caveman style.
    "It Takes A Village"
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread90638.html

"Canadian cavemen could have eaten poutine.."

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      So, when people say they couldn't, what they're really saying is that they wouldn't give up the convenience of a five minute meal for their health.
      Well said. I think that statement captures it perfectly.
      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

Why does it bewilder people that, when they get off their "get fat" diet, lose weight and then get fat again when they go back on the "get fat" diet?

M.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
          Why does it bewilder people that, when they get off their "get fat" diet, lose weight and then get fat again when they go back on the "get fat" diet?

M.
          Because nom nom nom.
          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
            Because the propaganda tells them that they will reach a point where it suddenly gets easy. Most often that point is said to be the reaching of their target weight.

Comment

Working...
            X