No announcement yet.

"I could never do that."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The surest way to be criticized, lectured, looked down on and otherwise hated is to mention this way of eating. Don't do it. Mark's website is a master of search engine optimization so they'll come across the info soon enough.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I asked my wife to read the PB book, but she got kinda stuffy about it. She "believes" in weight watchers. I guess I'll just have to show her the results as we go along.

Comment

I ran into a friend today and she inquired and followed with the "wow, no bread"....

BUT, I mentioned that I would eat something like a steak with a side of buttered spinach or a sweet potato with butter or green beans cooked in coconut milk. And bacon and eggs. And all sorts of really good stuff.

She kind of got the trade off.

I think most people envision typical diet food (chicken breast, steamed veggies AND no bread). They don't realize the obscene goodness of mixing fat and veggies.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

It helps to follow "no bread" with "unlimited bacon". :P
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I could never do this without bacon. It's become a condiment/garnishment. I put it on everything.

Comment

I used to be someone who thought I couldn't do primal. A good friend went primal several months ago. The last time I saw him, he'd become quite evangelical about it, plus he looked considerably more fit than I did compared to the last time and I'd run a marathon in the meantime. So I decided to try it and now I'm the evangelist. Of course DH's family keeps telling me multiple times a day that we'll both gain it all back when we go off our "diet". They can't understand that it is a lifestyle change. Maybe they'll change their minds as time passes and our results don't go away. A few friends have been interested and one said she'd try it.

Comment

Just hit them with this Marlo quote...

You want it to be one way. - YouTube
                I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Most people my age and younger have zero kitchen confidence. They don't savor the commercial food and actually complain about how gross it is but they draw a blank on how to feed themselves without it.
                  37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

I had a friend berate me about staring primal a few months ago. He challenged everything Mark said. He decided to "get in shape" too. He started calorie restricting and running.

He is fatter now then he was then and I am losing more fat everyday. He still thinks this diet is stupid.
                    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
                      I had a friend berate me about staring primal a few months ago. He challenged everything Mark said. He decided to "get in shape" too. He started calorie restricting and running.

He is fatter now then he was then and I am losing more fat everyday. He still thinks this diet is stupid.
                      I hope you are giving him a shit-ton of shit about that....

Comment

My favorite is when my friends/fam get concerned because they think I'm not eating often enough. They think that since they eat oh... I don't know.... every two freaking hours! ... and I only eat 2 or 3 times a day, I'm STARVING myself. They are convinced that I am ruining my metabolism - never mind that I've dropped 40 lbs in the last year, I'm in the best shape ever, and I look 10 years younger - FOR GOD SAKES I'M RUINING MY METABOLISM!!!!

I'm not even going to bring up IF... I'll never hear the end of it!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcav8r View Post
                          I hope you are giving him a shit-ton of shit about that....
                          Nah. I just make sure that I eat delicious things in front of him. The rest kinda works itself out, ya know?
                          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by ashamahleyyy View Post
                            Of course I have trouble! "You mean you want to eat all that fat?" Yep. Pass the bacon! What's amazing is how easy it was to transition..I loved big bowls of spaghetti but then when you think about it, what does spaghetti, or any pasta for that matter, taste like? It's the sauce I enjoyed so now I put it over spaghetti squash or "spaghetti-ed" zucchini.

No need for carb overload..I think that's what people have a hard time comprehending. There are great alternatives that are at your fingertips and are much more healthy.
                            Once I was at a catered event and the lunch was gorgeous homecooked organic pasta and sauce. I said, oh, no pasta please, and the chef said, oh dear, that's all we have, so I just had a big bowl of the sauce on its own. That was fantastic and did me for the whole afternoon... while the others were sagging two hours later...

Comment

It took me forever to convince my mother that my not eating breakfast was not going to result in my imminent demise. She would buy me special gluten-free foods and mixes, stuff that sounds like it ought to be okay but is never safe (like oatmeal). Imitation crabmeat. Like, no Mom, I can't eat that. I don't eat breakfast anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                The correct response to "I could never do that" is "Sucks to be you then, fatty" <eats bacon, drops microphone, exits post-haste>
                                *wipes coffee off computer screen and face* man that was funny!

Comment

Working...
                                X