Online Dating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I don't know. Can we get back to discussing when it's appropriate to send women photos of one's dugan?
    Well, that depends on the lady.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
      I have read the studies that show that women cluster in low-paying sectors. But it is also true that any sector women cluster in becomes a low-paying sector.

It is also true that women do not demand pay raises like men do. I would like to see data that showed that bosses would respond to women demanding raises by giving them comparable raises, and I have seen nothing that would indicate that would happen. Men who act aggressively in their own interest are often seen as "go-getters". Women less so.

I am self-employed, and I work in a field where women earn more than men. There are men who work in the field who are upset and think changes should be made, although it is pure market forces in action.

That's the thing. When women are disfavored in employment circumstances, they get blamed. It's their own fault. They chose to work in a field where women get paid less, even though highly skilled and educated. They chose to take time off from work and deserve to earn less money the rest of their lives for staying home to care for a baby for a year or so. Because, like, nobody should ever take care of their own kids, because it's too menial?

One can always retroactively find excuses. Perhaps it's our fault as women for having been born in a country that doesn't value the next generation enough to care kids have the opportunity to be raised by their own parents, and that parents have the opportunity to raise their own kids.

In the rare exceptions when men are disfavored, many think it's unfair and changes should be made.
      Sorry, but this sounds like a lot of excuses. Perhaps that is easy for me to say not being a woman, but being equal and empowered and all, why are women putting up with it? Will bosses give equal raises? Who knows. Ask and sue if you don't get one. Women choose low paying work. Okay, who is to blame for that if not women? If men make less it is pure market forces. If women do it is a nefarious scheme. Yes, looking after children takes you out of the workforce. If that bothers you don't have any. Perhaps it is unfair that the woman is expected to shoulder the load (as cori points out) but again, woman-up and tell your husband/whomever it is their turn to take 5 years out of their career to raise junior. Of course, I would be upset if I was getting paid less than you. I would be upset if I was getting paid less than another man just because he held out for more pay or pushed for a raise, but that is my fault not his (or yours).

And while we are talking about equality, why should childless women be punished because some women have children? Is it fair to them that they work without interuption meanwhile another woman gets the same pay even though they take time off to raise junior? What is the reward for dedication to career in that case?

I am all about equal pay for equal work. But equal is equal. Taking time off for whatever reason be you a man or woman is not equal work.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
        I'm blonde, so I'd probably tell you I don't eat salami and look confused if you complimented my bacon.
        Do you usually have any melons in your cart? That would provide an opportunity for a compliment that even those with the least perceptive hair pigmentation would recognize.

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
        A clean tub is a turn on.
        I've been known to tell a lady "We should go back to my place. I cleaned my bathtub and everything." 60% of the time, it works. every. time.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Rich I vote in favor of you posting images of your clean bathroom, what women doesn't appreciate a clean bathroom? It would also single you out as an original thinker and we all here now what a clever guy you are.
          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            I've been known to tell a lady "We should go back to my place. I cleaned my bathtub and everything." 60% of the time, it works. every. time.
            Ohhhh, I got your number...
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              I am all about equal pay for equal work.
              Really? You could have fooled me.

Comment

Really? You could have fooled me.
                Please show me where I said otherwise. Thank you.

Comment

• If a woman do a mans job, then she should be paid the same, but if less performance, than lower income for everybody including her...
                  "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Do you usually have any melons in your cart? That would provide an opportunity for a compliment that even those with the least perceptive hair pigmentation would recognize.

Originally Posted by magnolia1973
                    A clean tub is a turn on.
                    No melons, but often rump roast. BTW, I've seen your guns. That plus a clean tub. I'd be all yours.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

When men say they are opposed to "feminism" and cite the actions of a few extremists, what they are really opposed to is equal pay for equal work and equal treatment under the law.
                      Become a Gender Equalists not a feminist then

Equal pay according to whom? What are you going to base it on? How does Merit come into play?
                      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                      Current Weight: 235 pounds
                      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• feminism is about gender equality -- it's the 4th wave.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                          Please show me where I said otherwise. Thank you.
                          Just all the excuses you have manufactured to show that the existence of babies is entirely the fault of women, and thus women should sacrifice their livelihood to care for those brats that the father bears no responsibility for.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                            feminism is about gender equality -- it's the 4th wave.
                            Then stop calling it feminism, call it gender equality and focus on actual gender equality and fight for both sides not just one

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                            Just all the excuses you have manufactured to show that the existence of babies is entirely the fault of women, and thus women should sacrifice their livelihood to care for those brats that the father bears no responsibility for.
                            that's not what he did at all

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                              Become a Gender Equalists not a feminist then

Equal pay according to whom? What are you going to base it on? How does Merit come into play?
                              "Gender equalism" is bogus. It assumes that discrimination and advantage are equally distributed. It's insisting that women must work to make sure men have at least equal advantage in all cases before any women can be permitted any equal opportunity.

It would be no different from insisting that minorities should work to make sure that white people are never discriminated against before those minorities can be permitted to have rights. Or to insist that poor people should volunteer their unpaid labor to help out rich people.

Merit pay is a straw man, just another excuse to find a reason to pay women less for doing the same work.

Comment

"Gender equalism" is bogus. It assumes that discrimination and advantage are equally distributed. It's insisting that women must work to make sure men have at least equal advantage in all cases before any women can be permitted any equal opportunity.

It would be no different from insisting that minorities should work to make sure that white people are never discriminated against before those minorities can be permitted to have rights. Or to insist that poor people should volunteer their unpaid labor to help out rich people.

Merit pay is a straw man, just another excuse to find a reason to pay women less for doing the same work.
                                So basically you want communism and only support feminism and that the white man is the bane of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X