Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Dating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    My experiences with OKCupid and PlentyofFish were so awful that I deleted both accounts. Since I never meet potential mates in the course of my daily life, this means I had such a horrible experience with online dating that I gave up completely. The potential mates available to me are so awful that the only reasonable conclusion is that I'm better off alone. Even the sex was pathetic.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      It's about labeling yourself, unfortunately your cause(which is legitimate, and for all intents and purposes, already won), is taken over by insane people, who, for some reason or another, hate men. This means, what feminism once stood for, which is equality, is no longer about equality, it's about an irrational hatred of another human being, for being a different sex. It encompasses all stupid stereotypes, while making itself out to be a stereotype. Hilarious really.

      Unfortunately labeling yourself causes others to stereotype you out to be like that other group, as what she is saying in that picture.

      Everything else, I agree with what you're saying. I love women, I don't love stupid people who spread hate.

      I blame the American media, which is run by something else entirely which I won't get into here, because it is too controversial and likely to make people get up in arms.
      Personally, I've never experienced being a woman to be a disadvantage in my career, but many women in the same career bleat on about how "it's so tough on women". I think it's more down to your own attitude.

      As I said, I have three good friends who are feminists, and they are the complete opposite to the stereotype. They're all really feminine, open-minded, love men, and promote the idea that everyone is unique. The focus is still on equal rights for women. Apparently this is "third wave" feminism.

      Originally posted by j3nn View Post
      It has been my observation that most feminists do not fight for equality, but rather for favoritism. True equal opportunity does not need labels. All humans have the same rights and they never come at the expense of another. E.g., getting hired simply because you are _________ (insert group requesting special privileges).
      <3
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

      In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

      - Ray Peat

      Comment


      • #78
        First time I've engaged in any discussion here about feminism and definitely the last time.

        In my opinion, "I'm a feminist" should mean nothing more than "I believe the sexes are equal." Nothing more, nothing less. I identified as a feminist for most of my life and if grilled, would admit I still do. However, I don't like to admit it because it seems that current feminism consists primarily of accusations of "slut-shaming" and whining about the beauty ideal/banging the fat acceptance drum. And talking about how that song "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is about date rape. It's fucking stupid and I'm done with it.

        Comment


        • #79
          My online dating summary:

          Ill marry anyone in the UK or EU so I can have the legal right to work there. Call it a business contract, I promise I'm not that annoying.

          Surprisingly I have had any offers yet lol


          Excuse me for any typos and sarcastic remarks, sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Violette_R View Post
            First time I've engaged in any discussion here about feminism and definitely the last time.

            In my opinion, "I'm a feminist" should mean nothing more than "I believe the sexes are equal." Nothing more, nothing less. I identified as a feminist for most of my life and if grilled, would admit I still do. However, I don't like to admit it because it seems that current feminism consists primarily of accusations of "slut-shaming" and whining about the beauty ideal/banging the fat acceptance drum. And talking about how that song "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is about date rape. It's fucking stupid and I'm done with it.
            I looked up what you said re: "baby, it's cold outside" expecting to find that any article about it was just written as a joke. Sadly no! How ridiculous!

            Comment


            • #81
              The first time I read about that was the death knell of my identification with contemporary feminism. I thought "This; this right here is why people make fun of feminists." And it just went downhill from there. "All exercise is self-imposed torture in pursuit of a fascistic beauty ideal" was the day I closed the browser and stopped calling myself a feminist.

              Comment


              • #82
                Go to POF.com ™ The Leading Free Online Dating Site for Singles & Personals, I told 4 of my friends to follow this plan and they're happier than ever

                Get an account, post a pic of you having fun, not a serious pose

                Write a profile that highlights the fun and charming Side of you

                Don't say you're looking for fwb or a gf, just say you're looking for so done with a great personality and loves life so you can share it with them.

                Be patient, pay attention to all red flags, don't be the first one totals about sex or intimacy, be vague and mysterious but not creepy (don't lie tho), let her be the first to ask to meet or exchange numbers, and pick a public place for a meeting you think she would be most comfortable (no longer than an hour for too many reasons to list).

                Profit

                Ps, look at as many profiles as possible, women always check who looked at them, do t message them, often they'll message you first if they're interested. This will give you a good idea of how to send the best messages to get a bite.
                Last edited by kenn; 06-08-2013, 10:52 AM.
                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                  I already posted enough on this to give you an idea, and no, it has nothing to do with what you said.
                  I don't follow you around on the forums. If you have a point to make, it should be simple. Otherwise, it's probably b.s.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    However, I don't like to admit it because it seems that current feminism consists primarily of accusations of "slut-shaming" and whining about the beauty ideal/banging the fat acceptance drum.
                    I feel like all the feminists I ever knew were just angry because they could not attract men. They wanted to put no effort into their appearance or charm. I have a friend that *hates men* and she is fat and frumpy, won't dress nicely and just talks about her dogs. Men are "assholes" and "shmucks". She reminds me of the guys with manboobs and a Nintendo remote glued to their hands that call all women "sluts" and "shallow" because they can't get dates. But she gets to be called a "feminist" and they are just losers.

                    http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                      She reminds me of the guys with manboobs and a Nintendo remote glued to their hands that call all women "sluts" and "shallow" because they can't get dates. But she gets to be called a "feminist" and they are just losers.
                      Not to be 'that guy' but sluts sleep with everyone. Bitches sleep with everyone but you. Therefore, as a former representative of the manboob-Nintendo club I have to report that women are bitches. (I'm kidding and trying to bring a little levity to the conversation )

                      As for the whole feminist thing, it is like much else - starts as a good idea then goes crazy. Women are less than equal, feminism means making them equal. Yay. Minorities are oppressed civil rights groups etc fight to make them equal - Yay! Same with gay rights groups, and whatever else rights groups. The problem comes when all-in-all that equality is reached and suddenly said groups are left with no meaning or purpose and the reasonable types smile, pat each other on the back, say 'job well done' and go off to do whatever it is they do. This leaves the kooks to make the movement look bad (pretty much every movement not feminism exclusively.) Feminists did some great things. Now they are perceived as man hating harpies. The NAACP did some great things. Now they are perceived as a group that hates whites. Unions were awesome back in the day but now many see them as lazy sonsabitches who want to kill American manufacturing so they can keep their 6 coffee breaks and $100K+ pensions. The messages gets lost as time progresses.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                        I don't follow you around on the forums. If you have a point to make, it should be simple. Otherwise, it's probably b.s.
                        Dude, it's in this thread. I've never had problems with women, so that can't be blamed.
                        Make America Great Again

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by kenn View Post
                          Go to POF.com ™ The Leading Free Online Dating Site for Singles & Personals, I told 4 of my friends to follow this plan and they're happier than ever

                          Get an account, post a pic of you having fun, not a serious pose

                          Write a profile that highlights the fun and charming Side of you

                          Don't say you're looking for fwb or a gf, just say you're looking for so done with a great personality and loves life so you can share it with them.

                          Be patient, pay attention to all red flags, don't be the first one totals about sex or intimacy, be vague and mysterious but not creepy (don't lie tho), let her be the first to ask to meet or exchange numbers, and pick a public place for a meeting you think she would be most comfortable (no longer than an hour for too many reasons to list).

                          Profit

                          Ps, look at as many profiles as possible, women always check who looked at them, do t message them, often they'll message you first if they're interested. This will give you a good idea of how to send the best messages to get a bite.
                          I need to work on the photos part. I don't carry around cameras or get thousands of "tags" like most post-teen kids these days. I'm a man! Not a post-teen.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                            Dude, it's in this thread. I've never had problems with women, so that can't be blamed.
                            Are you complaining about relationships with feminists or the political mess they can create? Because feminists are so rarely on the political radar that I don't see why it's even worth discussing. That's why I assumed you were referring to the relationship side of the equation.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                              Are you complaining about relationships with feminists or the political mess they can create? Because feminists are so rarely on the political radar that I don't see why it's even worth discussing. That's why I assumed you were referring to the relationship side of the equation.
                              Modern feminism's reach is definitely a lot wider than you give it credit for.

                              But, yes, political, and also just sheer annoyance as pointed out by other people in this thread. It was more like a rant on my behalf caused by a post from our resident femnazi eKatherine.
                              Make America Great Again

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                Modern feminism's reach is definitely a lot wider than you give it credit for.

                                But, yes, political, and also just sheer annoyance as pointed out by other people in this thread. It was more like a rant on my behalf caused by a post from our resident femnazi eKatherine.
                                What is their reach?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X