Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    But what about typical consumers?

A typical consumer naturally thinks if society put it there it must be okay, cause they wouldn't put it there and let people eat it if it were truly deadly. Would they?
    Fixed that for you. The same consumers who rail about rights and responsibilities in this context also believe the above. That if it's for sale, it is permitted to be sold because overall it is neither unsafe nor unhealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergirl View Post
      They have no idea what is and what isn't really good for us in the longterm. Research seems to point at different things everyday and what works for one person just doesn't work for another.
      That's "science" at work.

= mass confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
        That's "science" at work.

= mass confusion.
        Lol, this is true!

Comment

Originally posted by Paleo0731 View Post
          The United States was doing fine before the Federal Income Tax. We had roads, bridges, schools, etc. as we do today. Then greed set in.
          I believe the excellent state of US roads before federal highways was why you guys started writing the date in the wrong order?

Comment

You can write dates however you wish. Nothing magical about the order. I grew up writing it Month, Day, Year. Then I started doing Day, Month, Year because I thought I was being enlightened and "worldly".

Now I do things for the government and it is Year, Day, Month.

M.

Comment

I agree that taxation is theft. Well, more like robbery, really.

Forget about a sin tax on sugar. The government needs to stop subsidizing the corn industry and get rid of the sugar quota. Ever wonder why the U.S. is the only country that puts high fructose corn syrup in everything? Corn subsidies + sugar quota. Imported and fancy domestic chocolate/candy contain sugar. Regular domestic chocolate/candy/soda contain HFCS. Bleh!

My journal

Comment

I had some HFCS last night in a cookie. Screw that, felt bad. Remembered why I quit.

M.

Comment

Working...
                X