Primal philosophy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Yeah where are you getting this, "I reject morality" thing, or "communist animalist...?" That is why I am confused. I never used any of those words...
    Animalism is pretty much an uncommon word, but communism? How can you even know about Hobbes or Nietzsche if you don't know what communism is...

...wait, you mean "communist animalist"? That's two separate words, "communist" and "animalist", and they're both incompatible.
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-02-2013, 10:35 AM. Reason: Super-mecha clarification to the rescue!

Comment

No my question is why are you assigning either of these labels to me? I have said nothing communist or "animalist?" I don't know what animalism is.

"But I am a savage." -braveheart. Haha swish!
      "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

No my question is why are you assigning either of these labels to me? I have said nothing communist or "animalist?" I don't know what animalism is.

"But I am a savage." -braveheart. Haha swish!
        Buy you said that you wanted to end with the ruling class and to give rights to animals, didn't you?
        Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-02-2013, 10:45 AM. Reason: Time paradox fix

Comment

Yes I do advocate the physical extermination of the ruling classes, the destruction of their material bases of power, and an enumerated code of laws that recognize the rights of all wildlife. Isn't that what you mean by a "primal philosophy?"
          "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

Yes I do advocate the physical extermination of the ruling classes, the destruction of their material bases of power, and an enumerated code of laws that recognize the rights of all wildlife. Isn't that what you mean by a "primal philosophy?"
            Wait a moment, were you serious? I mean, I'm utilitarianism myself, but that seems, if not unethical, at the very least counterproductive.

Comment

Good. Production is a mental illness, not a necessary element of a rewarding human life that extends rights to the creation around it.

Comment

Good. Production is a mental illness, not a necessary element of a rewarding human life that extends rights to the creation around it.
                Rather than a mental illness, I think it is more like corruption of the human nature.

Comment

semantics. No biological organism called human has about it any kind of innate impulse to "produce" in the vulgar sense, as in, "subordinate his genetic demands to the constructed needs of a resource-allocation system."

Comment

semantics. No biological organism called human has about it any kind of innate impulse to "produce" in the vulgar sense, as in, "subordinate his genetic demands to the constructed needs of a resource-allocation system."
                    I think all this production thing has to do with survival instinct, more money = more security = survival

Comment

are you a vulcan or something?

And what makes you think that the law has anything whatsoever to do with protecting anyone from any kind of hurt? That's 20th century stupid thinking. The law is a weapon of the propertied classes to impose social and economic conditions on the unwilling.
                      Yet it's the only thing keeping me from causing others harm. I genuinely don't care for the vast majority of humanity. Trust me on this: without fear of repercussion, I wouldn't be half as stable as I currently am.

I can't phrase this any other way without sounding like a homicidal maniac. :/
                      --
                      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                      I'd apologize, but...

Comment

no- fear of violence keeps you from harming others; the ruling classes spend a lot of time making you call the lash "law."

Comment

I think all this production thing has to do with survival instinct, more money = more security = survival
                          gettin close.I think all this production thing has to do with survival instinct, more money = more security = survival

You are admitting that behind the pursuit of wealth is some other, actually biological impulse.

So what you are saying is, the owner-of-the-means-of-production direct biological human impulses toward ends expedient for their own purposes. That is to say, our drives are hijacked and sublimated and manifest as consumerism.

Comment

Originally posted by Kochin View Post
                            Yet it's the only thing keeping me from causing others harm. I genuinely don't care for the vast majority of humanity. Trust me on this: without fear of repercussion, I wouldn't be half as stable as I currently am.

I can't phrase this any other way without sounding like a homicidal maniac. :/
                            Sorry Mr.Perfidity, I think I got confused with you and Mr.Homicidal maniac here

But speaking of Kochin, do you really are like that? I mean, you're 100% Hobbesian a.k.a amoral according to what you've just said, don't you have any sort of ethic code other than convenience?
                            Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-02-2013, 07:41 PM. Reason: Cats are cute

Comment

no- fear of violence keeps you from harming others; the ruling classes spend a lot of time making you call the lash "law."
                              What are you been reading recently? And where can I get it?
                              Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-02-2013, 07:42 PM. Reason: Quantum strings, and monkeys, lots of monkeys

Comment

gettin close.I think all this production thing has to do with survival instinct, more money = more security = survival

You are admitting that behind the pursuit of wealth is some other, actually biological impulse.

So what you are saying is, the owner-of-the-means-of-production direct biological human impulses toward ends expedient for their own purposes. That is to say, our drives are hijacked and sublimated and manifest as consumerism.
                                Yes, exactly what you've just said, that's why I criticised it.
                                Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-02-2013, 07:44 PM. Reason: It's not the edit what counts, it's the soul who travels through the spirit to write the post, again, forever

Comment

Working...
                                X