No announcement yet.

How often should we have sex?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A reasonable amount is whatever the people in the relationship are comfortable with.
    Depression Lies

Comment

my answer is, as much as possible.

I think having a lot of sex with your loved one is great for both partners.

I also think that a lot of sex can be non-orgasmic or at least non-ejaculatory and it can be even better.

Comment

Um, sex is low-carb, right? If true, I got to have more of it!
        Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

Comment

Originally posted by PRO199 View Post
          It's more high-protein than anything else....
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by PRO199 View Post
            Well, it's certainly not chronic cardio the way I do it.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Or go blind.
              Or shrivel into a raisin.

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                Part of my problem is that in those first few months I'm very up for it, and I'm very... generous! But once a few months passes the steaminess of first lust starts wearing off for me, and the previous level of intimacy (a lot) isn't sustainable. But then the guy notices a difference, gets demanding, starts complaining, I get turned off... vicious cycle.
                I'm like you. When I'm with someone new, I have a lot of sex drive. If I date older men, they often have trouble keeping up with me. But after the initial excitement wears off (a couple weeks, a couple months), my sex drive starts to decrease. Once I've been in a relationship with someone for more than a year, year and a half, I practically lose my sex drive altogether. This is not uncommon for women.

I would be a perfect candidate for the clinical trials discussed in this article. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/ma...pagewanted=all

But I would never take a drug that messes with my libido (just as I would never take an anti-depressant). I mean, just imagine all of the neurotransmitter pathways that would impact, unintended consequences, etc.

Yeah, so now my bf and I have sex a couple of times a month, and I never, literally never, want to.

Edited to add: I don't mind it that much though--doing it when I don't want to, as long as I have time.

Edited further to add: I think the solution for me is polyamory. Monogamy kills my sex drive so if I avoided monogamy, maybe it wouldn't happen.
                Last edited by diene; 06-06-2013, 02:21 PM.

My journal

Comment

Frequency and quality has increased since going primal.
                  The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                  X