Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motivation when life gets in the way of primal eating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for changing it up. Suggest a cool new place or have them over to your place for a wine and cheese night instead.

Also, if they're that judgy about your food, then they're judgy mcjudgypants and that's on them. If you're worried about them making a scene, start the scene yourself. Make a joke out of how "gross" it is that you're eating all that butter. Then let it go.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

I would love to have dinner parties! The going out that we do is mostly like, hey, goin out after work, you comin? Not a huge deal, but a big part of my social life nonetheless. I don't care that I don't eat, I guess my original question should be stated more clearly. So here goes: when you go out, do you feel deprived while watching others indulge in what you previously indulged in? I'm sure at first it takes getting used to, and I guess that's all I need to hear. Is that it's going to get easier. I want more than anything to be able to change my lifestyle for the better. But I'm afraid of change, like most people. Will I miss my old ways too much? Or will I love my new healthy body too much to care or remember how good beer and queso is? My question is more about how it makes you feel when you go out and must be different. That is all. I know what to order, what to drink, what to say. And my friends know I try to make healthy choices most of the time. It's just me. Getting past the bittersweet feelings of giving up my lifestyle that I've known for so long.

Comment

Here's a counter-question for you- have you tried? My experience is not your experience, so it would be of more value to you to take on the challenge for a month. Or a week. Or one happy hour. If one happy hour wasn't too bad, try it at a second. In the end, are you going out for the queso and beer or the company?
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

I do not feel the slightest envy or temptation. I still enjoy the aroma, and I am glad for those who can still enjoy foods I can no longer eat.

Comment

For me it was no a big issue - I don't miss eating things that most others choose to eat.
            I don't want or crave it, I don't wish they wouldn't eat-it/drink-it in front of me, I don't want a taste, I don't feel deprived or requiring will power to resist, I don't feel envy, I feel nothing about it in those terms ( if this is what you're asking).
            I like eating this way, the strength, health, fitness, energy, no pain, ease, uniqueness - it works for me.
            If you must be super social and eat what is commonly offered , then it may not work for you.
            Maybe what you're doing now is the healthiest thing for you at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by jilly View Post
              when you go out, do you feel deprived while watching others indulge in what you previously indulged in? I'

But I'm afraid of change, like most people.

Will I miss my old ways too much? Or will I love my new healthy body too much to care or remember how good beer and queso is?
              No, I do not feel deprived. I do not hanker over their so-called treats at all. It is very unappealing to me now.

Sorry to sound old but I think you are far to young to feel afraid of change. I am 48 and I took up netball this year! Now that's a scary change, getting butted around on court by men and women alike for a non touchy-feely person like myself. But I do it cos it's good for me. Last year I sat a piano exam that I failed when I was 16 and passed with flying colours. It makes me feel great. So please, for the sake of it, just try making some changes in any area of your life for any reason at all just so that you don't start getting stuck in your ways at an early age.

If you truly commit to primal lifestyle you will have so much health and vitality you will not know what to do with it and you will not miss the garbage.

Having said all that, there is plenty of room in this lifestyle for the occasional non-primal indulgence. If beer is what you really love I don't see why you can't have one on a Friday night, if you have been fully primal during the week. Just call it part of your 20% and enjoy it.
              Last edited by Annieh; 05-27-2013, 03:23 AM.
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

try an experiment and just do it, I don't miss it and don't feel envious. I'm on my way to the pub now and am more interested in the chat and humour. People who don't know me well think i drink vodka but its usually just water, lemon and ice in my glass; my friends know but they don't care as long as I still get the odd round in
                When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Just keep trying. The more times you either stop eating after a bite or two, or chose not to eat harmful foods, the easier it becomes. And, once the novelty passes, your friends will get used to you not eating it and will be surprised if you do. I remember a few months in at a meeting with a cake or whatever, one of my co-workers just casually said: 'Ah, she won't eat it, she is in training'. Humans are creatures of habit. Once the new pattern forms, it is as hard to break it as the old one. So, that habituality will actually work for not against you.
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
                  X