No announcement yet.

Say 10 random things about yourself!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the smell of bandaids. I guess this isn't normal...

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
      I know this is going to sound a little odd... but have you ever smelled the perfume Bulgari Black?
      It's one of my favorites... though it's considered a "man" perfume. Whatever that's supposed to mean.

It smells of burnt rubber, dirty leather, and woody vanilla. And it's gorgeous.
      You might just like it. A little tire smell with you all the time.
      And it's not expensive either.

I like weird smells too... I guess.
      Sounds delightful. I'll have to give it a sniff sometime!
      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        I also love the smells of gasoline and rubber. I like walking along the freeway for that reason.
        Mmmmm.. Hot asphalt and rubber. Yummy walk.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

1. I hate dogs, cats, driving and wearing black.
          2. I can hang wallpaper - to me it's like dressmaking.
          3. I buy most of my clothes at the op shop for 50c to $2 per item.
          4. I still live in the same town where I was born 48 years ago.
          5. My children are so much brighter and more talented than I ever was that sometimes it scares me.
          6. Our family conversations frequently echo the phrases of childhood story books that we all know by heart.
          7. I started learning spanish in order to make a two-week trip to mexico, and kept it up for several years afterwards.
          8. I want to learn to make soap.
          9. I can't think of 10 things to write about myself.
          10. Is there such a thing as adult-onset ADD?
          Annie Ups the Ante
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

1) I am new to this forum and hope to stick around, as I don't have much of a life.. lol! (not really, I have one... kind of)
            2) I am 40yrs old and I still don't have a degree because I haven't known what I wanted to be when I grew up, until recently.
            3) I am mostly happy
            4) I had babies young and my babies have babies--- I'm a gma!!! (what can I say, I did things a little backwards.)
            5) I too, am left handed
            6) I don't drink or smoke
            7) I wish I loved to go to the gym, but I don't. I would rather do a simple hike, be at the ocean or roller-skate.
            8) I like food and I like to eat.
            9) I don't like to watch T.V. much
            10) I will be going back to school in the fall.

PEACE~
            S.

Comment

1. Originally from Texas, and miss my home state

2. Lived in the Virgin Islands for 4 years.

3. Went around the world, by that I mean I crossed all of the lines of longtitude. It took about 20 minutes...

4. I grow things.... LOTS of things

5. I raise chickens.

6. I sleep in a bed I built.

7. In the early 1980's I was in France and toured some of the Normandy beaches. On of the stops we made was in Beyaux, and I saw the Beyeaux Tapestry. On that same trip, we stopped at a museum in San Marie Eglise.... an airborn museum. If you have ever seen the movie "The Longest Day", the scene where the paratrooper gets caught on the church steeple.... the airborne museum is next to that church. That scene actually happened, according to the museum.

8. I have been to Italy and have seen more things than I can list here..... great place...

9. I have been through the Panama Canal twice, going the same direction both times....

10. I am married to the woman that was, at one time, my boss.... Now she's my boss and we don't work at the same place anymore! Some things never change.

Comment

I like the smell of diesel exhaust in the city in summer. Brings back memories of visiting my grandparents in Baltimore. Also cigars - a childhood/ grandfather memory.

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
                  Do you have pictures from Antarctica? I wanna see 'em!
                  LOL!!! I don't know... just made me laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
                    Sure:

0) I am a short fellow, standing only 5'3".
                    1) One inch of that height is due to being a toe-walker.
                    2) I am a big fan of tea, teaware and associated topics.
                    3) I have not selected a favorite tea, but it's a split between Zheng He whites (of all type) and gongfu blacks.
                    4) I practice historical European martial arts.
                    5) I don't like the idea of spending a lot of money on cars, so I bike everywhere or take mass transit.
                    6) I currently work as an I.T. guy on a Naval Air Base.
                    7) I am a sometimes GURPS game master.
                    8) I am considering buying land and building a smallhouse instead of a regular house.
                    9) I quit alcohol completely due to (undeserved) accusations of being an alcoholic.

M.
                    I like those small/tiny houses, I hope to do that too some day!

S.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                      1. I grew up in the 80s and believe it was the greatest decade of human existence. I'm obsessed with the pop culture, especially the music.

Me Too!

2. My childhood home had carpeted walls; the house was not purchased with that feature!

Love This. I bet that is quite a story.

10. We have a gorgeous view of the Hudson River from our house.
                      You and I should get together for a drink some time. I'm near Kingston, NY
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

1. I used to be a line cook at Cheddar's Cafe
                        2. My basketball team went 0-17 in the 6th and 7th grade
                        3. I am in the United States Air Force and currently stationed at Cannon AFB
                        4. I grew up in Cleveland Ohio
                        5. I will always support their crappy sports teams
                        6. My biggest winning night in Vegas was $1280 from playing poker and blackjack
                        7. I ran over my sister's head with my bike when I was 5 years old (it was either her head or crashing my bike, my 5 year old self chose her head)
                        8. I have caught over a dozen sand sharks in the Gulf of Mexico
                        9. I have jumped off a 75 foot cliff into the Georgian Bay
                        10. I puked on my good friend's wife on my 21st birthday (so he tells me)

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          You and I should get together for a drink some time. I'm near Kingston, NY
                          Neat! I live in Newburgh but shop in Kingston every week. Ever go to Fleisher's?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                            I like the smell of diesel exhaust in the city in summer. Brings back memories of visiting my grandparents in Baltimore. Also cigars - a childhood/ grandfather memory.
                            Same! Grew up around diesels and my Dad used to smoke roll-ups or small cigars.

A friend came back from Cuba with a load of Behike's - now THAT is an amazing cigar, you'd love the smell of the smoke from them

Comment

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                              8. I want to learn to make soap.
                              Oh! I know how to make soap; I learned to do it because I wanted an all natural soap to use that didn't cost me a small fortune. There's a book called Smart Soapmaking that I got on amazon and she really makes the process foolproof and gives good tips on how to save money on supplies when you're just starting out.

Smart Soapmaking: The Simple Guide to Making Traditional Handmade Soap Quickly, Safely, and Reliably, or How to Make Luxurious Handcrafted Soaps for Family, Friends, and Yourself: Anne L. Watson: 9780938497424: Amazon.com: Books

The same author also has a book on milk soapmaking which is good as well. If you want to make soap, I say go for it! There are not a lot of start up costs and it's really not all that tough.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                                Neat! I live in Newburgh but shop in Kingston every week. Ever go to Fleisher's?
                                Of Course, and I have the t-shirt to prove it.: ) I live in Stone Ridge, but work in Kingston.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X