No announcement yet.

Secret Sugar Confessions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a Mexican Coke which I plan to drink tomorrow. I ate very little white sugar in the 2000s to no effect.

Comment

It's because of all of the filtered blood we're drinking.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
        It's because of all of the filtered blood we're drinking.
        Filtered?

I thought you were just supposed to let it congeal...
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by little vase View Post
          I served the last of a bag of white sugar for coffee and tea at Christmas (hosting a huge brunch) but haven't bought any more since. Once a week or so I add a bit of raw honey to plain yogurt for a treat but I think I've lost my sweet tooth. I eat unsweetened baking chocolate as a treat now.
          Oh ya? I eat unsweetened redwood bark.

Comment

Confession time: I had lime in the coconut cake a few days ago, and I liked it.

Comment

I made cakes for a friend's wedding the other week, so I have some leftover sugar lying around from that. Otherwise, sugar only makes it into my house in the form of dark chocolate or occasionally ice cream.

Comment

I eat lots of blood in my steak.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                  Oh ya? I eat unsweetened redwood bark.
                  You win ;P
                  be the hair that knots with my hair
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

this thread reminds me of this

I found this collection looking for "McCain secrets" but it's been removed!! : (

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                      Confession time: I had lime in the coconut cake a few days ago, and I liked it.
                      You're supposed to drink them both together.

Comment

I use sugar about once a month to do some serious baking for work. I work from home, so I only go in once a month and cookies are called for. I do use honey sometimes in my food, but rarely. Usually when I'm making something barbecue related where honey really adds something.
                        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Green Deane View Post
                          Is English your second language? I ask that politely because I absolutely did not say that at all. That is a total fabrication and gross misrepresentation of what I wrote. I wrote, and I quote: But if folks want to eat themselves into an early grave fine by me. Freedom includes the right to make poor dietary decision... just don't ask me to pay for their irresponsibility.

Where in that sentence do I say sugar? It is not there. I said "dietary decisions." You assumed sugar when I did not write that at all. I also did not say it infringes on my freedom. Fundamentally I said just the opposit. I said freedom includes eating what you want. My objection is paying for other peoples' poor choices. If you decide to smoke all your life I don't think I should be forced to pay for your smoking-related health care. It's your freedom to smoke, and it's your resonsibility to take care of your sickness from smoking. It is your freedom to eat poorly and your responsibility to take care of your illness from eating poorly.

I absolutely did not say other people eating sugar infringes on my freedom. What it might do is raid my wallet, which is a different issue.
                          Yes - kinda thought the "teaspoon of sugar" response was a strawman argument.
                          Secondly I agree people can eat and do what ever the want - I just want to pay (in any form) for it in the end.
                          Last edited by EatMoveSleep; 05-28-2013, 04:47 AM.

Comment

I absolutely did not say other people eating sugar infringes on my freedom. What it might do is raid my wallet, which is a different issue.
                            A lot of different health issues might raid your wallet. But if we start restricting what we perceive as "unhealthy" to keep us from paying for the bad decisions of others, steak, butter and bacon are getting banned long before sugar and grains. There is an obese woman in my neighborhood on public assistance (disability) and I watch her shuffle off and go get fast food. See her out for a walk a few days a week (good), but she is walking to get a value meal at McD's. Yeah, it's annoying as her disability is the diabetes. But what are you going to do? That's the set up.

I'd be sad if sugar was banned because it cost to much to support diabetics. It's like banning alcohol because of alcoholics. I'd miss a good cocktail at sunset at the beach.

Some of life's pleasures are at odds with health, for certain. And some people really abuse the hell out of life's pleasures. But that doesn't make everyone that enjoys them a problem for society.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Green Deane View Post
                              Is English your second language? I ask that politely because I absolutely did not say that at all. That is a total fabrication and gross misrepresentation of what I wrote. I wrote, and I quote: But if folks want to eat themselves into an early grave fine by me. Freedom includes the right to make poor dietary decision... just don't ask me to pay for their irresponsibility.
                              I love it when people try to accuse you of being a foreigner because you disagree with them. I must be un-American, eh?

Where in that sentence do I say sugar? It is not there.
                              The post is full of talk of sugar. Pretending your sentences are unrelated to each other is just silly.

I said "dietary decisions." You assumed sugar when I did not write that at all. I also did not say it infringes on my freedom. Fundamentally I said just the opposit. I said freedom includes eating what you want. My objection is paying for other peoples' poor choices. If you decide to smoke all your life I don't think I should be forced to pay for your smoking-related health care. It's your freedom to smoke, and it's your resonsibility to take care of your sickness from smoking. It is your freedom to eat poorly and your responsibility to take care of your illness from eating poorly.
                              I personally hate paying for the personal decisions of those who have insurance and decided to get as many services from hospitals and doctors as they can. Insurance passes the cost on to those who are uninsured and forced to pay many times as much as you and your insurance company pays combined. Overuse of the medical system by those who have insurance is the main cause of inflation of medical costs. As an uninsured person, I directly subsidize the cost of your health care.

This is a thread about eating small amounts of sugar. The anger in your post is not only directed at certain real or imaginary stereotypes in your life. It is directed at those who were saying they occasionally eat small amounts of sugar. They keep sugar in their houses. You claimed moral superiority.
                              Last edited by eKatherine; 05-26-2013, 06:33 AM.

Comment

eKatherine, this comes from someone who really likes you and agrees with almost all of your posts. That said...

You really did kind of lay into Green Deane on a strawman basis and putting words in his mouth.

When you read what he wrote, he's on the right side of this.

Let's save our energy for refuting the sugar bees claiming with a straight face that the cure for all that ails ya is lots of refined sugar.

Comment

Working...
                                X