No announcement yet.

Witty response needed....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trolling for comebacks because you lack the ability to think quickly?
    Not exactly witty... just sayin'.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Comment

I think calling him a commedian is where the problem lies.

Comment

The reasons for doing this diet are endless but even so it can still be difficult to explain it to people, hence I was interested to know what people's response to this disdainful comment would be, and they're all different so thanks for your replies.

oh, and does anyone have a witty response to Keith Powers? I can't think of anything.
        Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

I think Mark made a joke in his book about how if Grok were here today, he'd be face down in a box of doughnuts faster than you could say boo. I don't see any need to respond to this, it's funny because it's true.
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

"would the caveman recognise that as food?"

Not really funny though.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by Owen View Post
              The comedian Pete Holmes on Twitter: "If a caveman from the Paleolithic era saw you turn down a cupcake because youre on the "Paleo Diet," he'd kill you with a sharpened seashell"

I laughed at this - but have been trying to think of a decent answer.
              He would probably eat you afterwards because meat is better than cupcakes!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Why do you get so worked up over a bloody harmless joke?? Odd.

Comment

Just for the sake of the discussion, I wonder if a paleo man would jump at the cupcake or doughnut. Depends on the smell, shape, colors and evocation. I grew up loving the smell of vanilla but I just cannot stand cinnamon. I don't know why but cinnamon is just repelling to me so a cinnamon flavored cupcake would definitely not make me move. What were the treats of paleo humans ? I guess they salivated at the sight of a beehive full of honey or things of that kind that were part of their happy childhood memories. Cupcake was probably not part of their taste evolution (smell, shape, colors, etc).

Just a funny question: would you eat a juicy nice smelling roasted chicken if it were colored in turquoise blue ?

Comment

Originally posted by dkJames View Post
                    Just a funny question: would you eat a juicy nice smelling roasted chicken if it were colored in turquoise blue ?
                    No, only sugary stuff seems palatable in unnatural colors, not sure why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Owen View Post
                      No, only sugary stuff seems palatable in unnatural colors, not sure why that is?
                      Because you are not expecting ice cream sprinkles to be a 'natural' color. If you only ever saw green sprinkles for 20 years and one day they were red you might ask "WTF are these?" The same goes for turquoise chicken - since it is not usually that color your first reaction would probably be "WTF?" That said, once I got a reasonable explanation I would eat the heck out of it.

Comment

"If a real comedian heard that lame attempt at a joke they would sue you for bringing the profession into disrepute"

Basically, a caveman would not register a cupcake as "food". Just like how a suburban middle class parent would not register a big grasshopper on the edge of the road as "food".

Comment

Originally posted by fifer View Post
                          "If a real comedian heard that lame attempt at a joke they would sue you for bringing the profession into disrepute"

Basically, a caveman would not register a cupcake as "food". Just like how a suburban middle class parent would not register a big grasshopper on the edge of the road as "food".
                          Yeah, there you have it:

"If a caveman from the Paleolithic era saw you ignore a fat grasshopper on the edge of the road because you're on the "Neo Diet," he'd kill you with a sharpened seashell"

Comment

Originally posted by dkJames View Post
                            Yeah, there you have it:

"If a caveman from the Paleolithic era saw you ignore a fat grasshopper on the edge of the road because you're on the "Neo Diet," he'd kill you with a narwhal tusk"
                            fixed it for you
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              fixed it for you
                              hey! thanks

Comment

Which reminds me, on a slightly less comedic note, I've recently been learning that at least 50% of the plants that grow in our roadside hedgerows are edibile, and furthermore, that half the 'weeds' in my untended garden are also edible, in the last few weeks I've been eating some of the most nutritious and satisfying salad greens of my life, I highly recommend, to those who don't know about it - learn this. (this is mainly aimed at UK people but could apply anywhere, I presume)

"If a caveman saw you ignoring the dandelions in your hedgerow but spending 2.50 on some posh lettuce leaves in the supermarket, he'd remove your limbs with his flint axe and juggle them like fire-sticks" or something to that effect.
                                Last edited by Owen; 05-23-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X