Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you feel like when you allow some non primal back in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you feel like when you allow some non primal back in?

I've been about 95% primal since February, and have been very strict about following the PB. Until last night, when I ate some veggies with a dip that had Kraft Mayo in it. All last night I was horribly bloated! Then today I ate a crabcake hubby brought home for me. It obviously had been breaded, but I thought, what the hell, I've been good. Nose has started running, stomach cramps and headache!

Serves me right for cheating, eh??

Depends on what it is. Each thing I shouldn't eat has a different set of symptoms, which makes it easier to figure out what went wrong. Also, if my boyfriend ate the same things I did, his symptoms are different and we can cross-match.

Now mind you, I don't intentionally eat things that I react to. Ever. But sometimes they sneak in.

Other stuff, stuff I don't react to, is just treats.

Comment

I'm not gluten intolerant, but whenever I eat some processed carbs, I generally feel fine. If I have too much sugar, I feel really hot like my metabolism is ramping up to burn it off, heart pounds more than usual for a few hours, but that's pretty much it. Stomach doesn't feel any differently.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
        I'm not gluten intolerant, but whenever I eat some processed carbs, I generally feel fine. If I have too much sugar, I feel really hot like my metabolism is ramping up to burn it off, heart pounds more than usual for a few hours, but that's pretty much it. Stomach doesn't feel any differently.
        This happens to me if alcohol was involved.

Comment

Generally nothing much happens to me except that I lose this:

There Is Another Level Above “I’m Doing Fine” - GNOLLS.ORG

Until you get to the level above fine you have no idea what you don't have until it's gone.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

when i have a bad day its usually drinking and then drunk eating. The food makes me feel worse than the drink. i am lathargic and cant sleep
            SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 291 LW 254 GW 220

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
              Generally nothing much happens to me except that I lose this:

There Is Another Level Above “I’m Doing Fine” - GNOLLS.ORG

Until you get to the level above fine you have no idea what you don't have until it's gone.
              Ditto.

In the first couple of months, I had gut pain if I had a gluten exposure (which I assume occurred because my gut was still healing). Now I don't have pain, I just feel unwelcomely un-wonderwoman-like.

Comment

Constant indigestion and stomach discomfort for days and days.
                "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

I wish i had an intolerance to gluten. It might not have took me so long to catch on to the fact it was bad for me
                  When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                  27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                  new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Honestly? I feel fine. Last night I went to a restaurant and had a slice of pecan pie at the end. I felt stuffed - it was a heavy end to the meal - but other than that I was okay. Today I feel great. I'm clearly not particularly sensitive to gluten.

I try to stay primal as much as I can, though. When I cheat a lot in general my weight loss stops, and I have a long way to go.
                    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                      Honestly? I feel fine. Last night I went to a restaurant and had a slice of pecan pie at the end. I felt stuffed - it was a heavy end to the meal - but other than that I was okay. Today I feel great. I'm clearly not particularly sensitive to gluten.

I try to stay primal as much as I can, though. When I cheat a lot in general my weight loss stops, and I have a long way to go.
                      This exactly.

Comment

Fine.

When I first started I wouldn't feel well... upset stomach, achy joints, etc. Now, nothing.

For example - the other night, after too much beer and wine tasting I enjoyed a baguette with butter for dinner, chocolate malt balls and pink Starbursts (darned candy bulk bins!) and some roasted marshmallows. The next morning I woke up feeling fine. I went for a run (the same 5k loop I had done the day before in a normal paleo state) a full minute and a half faster. Its mornings like that when I wonder if maybe I should live on bread, wine and chocolate - with a few pink Starbursts thrown in.

Comment

I recall the last time I was seriously glutened. A restaurant apparently put a slice of bread at the bottom of a bowl of salad to sop up the dressing. I had clarified with the waiter and the manager and they understood the limitations of my diet, but apparently someone in the kitchen was unclear. It was the third day of a 3 week working vacation to Miami. I didn't feel well again until it was time to leave.

Comment

What do you feel like when you allow some non primal back in
                            like crap.

Seriously, I have not done that in 8 months. I had a weird episode around last Xmas where my mother-in-law thickened a gravy with wheat flour (that was before she herself became wheat free) which I had eaten with my meat during a dinner ... I experienced some strange back pain, in the esophagus and a bit of skin rash flared on my back. It is only a couple of days after I experienced these issues that I asked her if she used wheat in her cooking because I could not see any obvious reason. At that time, I had been wheat free for 2.5 months and she knew that my wife and I were grain free ... evil!

Comment

Nothing major physically; maybe a little gas. Mentally though, I wonder why I do it. I could understand if I didn't like a lot of primal foods and was making myself eat them, but that's not the case. So mostly, I just get a neurotic case of the mental self flagellations.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                              X