No announcement yet.

fecal transplants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is sad is that people, with the help of the CW medical industry, has screwed up their immunity systems to much that measures like this are needed.

While the idea of having someone else's poop transplanted in my colon or having to digest hookworms is kind of icky, I would do that before pouring chemicals into my body that only mask the signs and symptoms.

But I seem to have a robust immunity system that doesn't need any help. Hmmm, I wonder if there is a market for my poop for transplanting?
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

I'd sign up to be a poop donor. But I'm on steak and eggs only right now, so people would have to wait a while between...er...deposits...

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

If I needed one of these fecal transplants, I would be the first in line, way before other standard interventions.

That being said......what else are we possibly being transplanted into our guts?

Are there any risks for other transmissions? (Viral, STDs, Obesity?)

Comment

This is one of the most interesting things out there in medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenHLi View Post
            If I needed one of these fecal transplants, I would be the first in line, way before other standard interventions.

That being said......what else are we possibly being transplanted into our guts?

Are there any risks for other transmissions? (Viral, STDs, Obesity?)
            The story that introduced me to this wasn't Dr Oz, it was somewhere else, but anyway - the donor was actually a young doctor himself, no children yet as that was considered a risk factor as far as the donor's health was concerned, hetero, good current and past health, zip nada in his background as far as risky habits or behavior, that kind of thing. The way he, the donor-doctor, put it, is that you have to lead/have lead an incredibly "boring" life to be considered for donorship.
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

I think I would only consider a family member as a donor. After all, my husband and I have been swapping bodily fluids for decades already, right?

Comment

Working...
              X