No announcement yet.

Bicep size & belief systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, in regard to the study, I'm opposed to wealth redistribution and have some decent guns. If only I could oppose it to a greater degree and make my biceps grow! I guess I'll have to stick with chinups.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Can we talk about what physical factors would indicate a woman's position?

First let's go back to Grok days, hypothetically, and then maybe figure that the women were less likely to be involved in the physical act of seizing and reappropriating resources- which is to say, their men would probably do it, so that they could present trophies to the women and win favor.

So do you think maybe waist/hip ratio would play out like biceps do in men? Since the study comes up flat on ladies.
      "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

I would bet that fat and ugly women or scrawny and unhealthy ones would oppose it (because they are more likely to percieve their own ability to rally virile man support as weak), and that healthy and curvy women will support it, because they are more likely to perceive their ability to rally virile man support as an advantage for themselves.
        "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
          And "opportunity for everyone" is an admirable and Constitutionally approved goal, though we've been trying for more than 200 years now in this country alone.
          No we haven't. Capital controls government and capital loves cheap labor. A certain level of unemployment is by design.
          We only created the welfare state because A) laissez-faire collapsed, as many predicted it would and; B) we wanted the country from going red.

People are born different, have different skills, goals, dreams, work ethics, physical limitations, mental limitations, cultures, families, inheritances, genes... you can't ever ensure "a prosperous economy" that includes all of them.
          In modern America, picking the right parents trumps all of that. Talented people are crushed while rich people ensure their idiot kids are well protected.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post

First let's go back to Grok days, hypothetically, and then maybe figure that the women were less likely to be involved in the physical act of seizing and reappropriating resources- which is to say, their men would probably do it, so that they could present trophies to the women and win favor.

So do you think maybe waist/hip ratio would play out like biceps do in men? Since the study comes up flat on ladies.
            The great requirements on women to woo men are not Paleolithic in my opinion. Before monogamy, I think women probably sort of had their choice of men because men would just have sex with all the willing females. That's why I think males have far less developed instincts to choose a healthy mate. They were taking every thing they could get, even if they were alphas.

Comment

Please people...

I would bet that fat and ugly women or scrawny and unhealthy ones would oppose it (because they are more likely to percieve their own ability to rally virile man support as weak), and that healthy and curvy women will support it, because they are more likely to perceive their ability to rally virile man support as an advantage for themselves.

Comment

Comeon now

Comment

Comeon now
                  What?
                  Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                  Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                  Current Weight: 235 pounds
                  Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Please people... Can we talk about what physical factors would indicate a woman's position?

that

Comment

that
                      Are you liking/disliking the statement? Or do you want our opinions?
                      Durp.

Comment

I wanna discuss the female angle, since the study came up flat.

Comment

I wanna discuss the female angle, since the study came up flat.
                          How did the study come up flat?
                          Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                          Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                          Current Weight: 235 pounds
                          Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Haha well it's been a while since I read page 1, but I thought that bicep size did not predict anything about a woman's position on the matter regardless of class.

So, Im sayin, I bet hip/waist ratio and other such indicators DO help predict a woman's position.

Comment

Kind of hard to argue one way or another without any real hard data.

My hip/waist ratio is atrocious, even if I'm not normally seen as "heavy" by the general public. I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal. As in "I want to decide for myself where the money I earned goes, and I couldn't give a rat's ass what you do with your own life as long as it doesn't screw up mine".
                              Durp.

Comment

Is that you in your avatar? I would scientifically rank you in the attractive column, and, you are opposed to the idea of forcibly redistributing wealth.

So, if female attractiveness is like biceps in men in this regard, we might assume that you are not poor?

Comment

Working...
                                X