Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel like an oddball as far as your tastes are concerned?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm, kielbasa :P well you know what I mean. A good amount of my typical American friends wouldn't touch half of the things I eat, and they're not even all that strange. And they're not open to trying foods from other cultures for whatever weird things might be in them or what it sounds like. That's more strange to me, but to each their own!

I'm born in the US, but grew up exposed to other cultures from a young age so I pretty much like or will try anything.

Comment

I like a lot of the foods you mention and am able to easily detach myself from many "bad" foods. Fruit and small amounts of sugar is my secret weapon.

I never ate pizza regularly (like whole years without so much as a slice) till I was 38. Then I did get addicted to it, but dropped it just as easily as I picked it up, and may never eat it again.

Comment

The question worries me more than the answer. Eat what you want to eat. If others don't like or understand it that is their problem not yours. No one should feel like an "oddball" no matter what their diet. I once had a roommate who only ate burnt egg whites... three times a day. So what? In matters of taste there is no debate. The point of eating is not to satisfy someone else's notion of what should be eaten. The point of eating is to satisfy and maintain yourself. What anyone else thinks is irrelevant.

Comment

I'm an older woman who lift weights, eat chicken hearts by the dozen and like tattoos. Yep, I have oddball tastes.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I have 'odd' tastes according to my work colleagues ... Apple with almond butter usually gets the most comments.

Comment

Just had to take a pic of this:

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                Just had to take a pic of this:

As to the oddball question. I moved around a lot as a child, so I often felt like the odd one. I've gotten used to it both on the food thing and other things. I once worked at an accounting firm where I was the only registered Democrat. I didn't get my Bachelor's 'til I was almost 30 for no reason other than I went when I was ready. I tend to travel to the beat of a different drum in general, so being a little odd about my food is hardly a blip.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                X