Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaining weight on Paleo?!?

Hi all,
    I have been eating Paleo about 1,5 months - with occasional slip offs around holidays, but never for long...
    Before going Paleo I started a weight loss journey, hoping to loose 40 lbs altogether, which I gained with my 2 pregnancies. I lost 25 lbs by changing my eating habits and eating low fat and other typical "diet" food. Since switching to Paleo, I gained 5 pounds back and it is very frustrating. I have been on whole milk/yoghurt, using more animals fat and coconut oil, as well as occasional coconut flour treats. No sugar, only honey occasionally. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Should I lower fat consumption? Please help!

Perhaps you are consuming too many calories. Try tracking that for a week to see where that stands.

Comment

Get rid of the dairy. Whole milk has so much fat and lactose is sugar!

Comment

Plus, what's your bf% (and what is your goal) Sometimes the ideal image people have of themselves in their head isn't the healthiest they can be.
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Working...
        X