No announcement yet.

Texans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks MalPaz, just went and pulled my plants under cover. Since when does it take a stranger from another state on a health forum to let you know what your own weather is doing?! I love the internet.

-写
    Little Saiyan

Comment

Arlington Tx Here. Just finished my first week of going primal. I haven't missed grains at all. Good results so far too, plus it helps my food pyramid is meat based. As I always say, I'll eat anything that had a face. Or try it at least ... I cant wait to see the results in a month and in the future after that..
      Tim

Comment

Greenville area here Been primal since March 20th... lost 9 pounds so far and not but 2-3 to go till I am where I want to be! there are alot of grassfed sources near me, I just have to save for a half or quarter..... not likely to happen soon LOL
        Holly and the Greyhounds-Cabby, Bully, Nelson, Stepper, Streamer and Fiona
        Adopt a greyhound! www.GALTx.com An ancient (Primal?) Breed

Comment

Hound, I'm also in Greenville.

I'm afraid I've horribly backslid this month due to the insane stress of being a teacher who is preparing 5th graders for their science TAKS. After this Thursday, I'll be back on track and would love to visit with the rest of you North Texas Primals. It would be such a relief to talk face-to-face with other folks who get it!

Comment

OMG celtia, I teach 5th grade bilingual, ELAR/SS in a low income area of Dallas ISD - we just got our results for who failed the first reading so now I have to plan on how to reteach those who failed... I hear you on the stress! Our science teacher is just about out of her mind right now, lol, but at least it's over soon for her. Mine is just about to restart!
            I'd like to meet up with everyone too - how far is Greenville from Dallas?
            "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
            "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

Comment

lady_d,

Too funny! I taught for DISD from 03-09 in the Grove near Bruton and Masters, close to the Mesquite/Balch Springs line. Just couldn't take another year of it after the RIF. I now teach in Greenville (no more commuting!). It's only a 45 minute drive, so I'm game for a meet-up after closing out this year. Good luck with your re-takers, and I hope you're dealing with the stress much more primally than I am!!

Comment

Tasteslikeburning, Arlington? Awesome. Thats where I work. What area do you live in? I grew up there.
                Little Saiyan

Comment

South East Arlington, South of 20 near the Municipal airport, work in DT Ft Worth. Question, anyone have problems with Weekend Backsliding, I haven't yet but I am just now starting my second week, so I am sure it will happen. If you have had it happen, have you noticed it had any impact or is it negligible.
                  Tim

Comment

I made a Texans group - you are all welcome to join if you are interested....

Texas Primals
                    "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
                    "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

Comment

Local groups are good...

I think local online groups are good, not to isolate from the rest of the board, but if you find good sources of food or trails in you area for primal hikes or anything like that, this could be a valuable resource. On a completely different note, I found that lamb was approved on the PB and was thrilled since I tend to have it once every week or two. Thankfully here in TX we have many sources of free range meats that are more than likely grass fed and healthy.
                      Tim

Comment

My wife and I would be interested in getting together for a cookout. We are in North Dallas and have several resources for grass fed meats and raw dairy we would be happy to share.

ikaika - in what part of Arlington did you grow up? My wife and I both grew up in SW Arlington.

Comment

Hey everyone...Keath from Austin here. Don't let this thread die!

Comment

Oh my! I almost did let this thread die! I grew up in S Arlington, Matlock and S Green Oaks! Where were you guys from?

As far as the BBQ-- How about the 10th or 11th of June? Should we do a campout or just a day BBQ? I propose Lake Ray Roberts. I'm unavaliable, like I said, Sat and Sun, but a Thursday BBQ with optional campout overnight sounds great! I'm about to set-up a primal Texas facebook page. You guys all have facebook?

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...p4503_153a.pdf

P.S. If I'm not posting its because I'm in a Maymester right now, which is like... 1 week of material every day :|. Wish me luck on my first exam tomorrow (class started Monday).
                            Little Saiyan

Comment

Alright guys, Here it is! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...1502825&v=info
                              and please PLEASE join even if you're not actually from North Texas, especially if you'd like to be involved!

I'm going to make us a special mascot... our own personal Grok, of sorts !
                              Little Saiyan

Comment

I will check out the Facebook page for sure. I grew up in North Dallas (Carrollton) and currently live by the Municipal Airport in South Arlington just south of I 20. Don't know if I would be able to make the BBQ, but I am glad to at least have the online group for support \ info. Good luck with your exams ikaika!
                                Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X