No announcement yet.

Texans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifewithjades I couldn't not respond to your post.
    I was born in Mexico City, but I have been living in Austin for a long time.

Comment

ikaika: Thanks for the invite, but I'm just an old puff of bad air drifting toward the Oklahoma sky. Visiting with folks on this forum is like having the grandkids come see granny once a month at the nursin' home. You go on and have your fun and send me the pictures.

If you drift north I am in Chandler. Actually, I'm there if you drift north or not.
      Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

I'm here in austin and would love to meet up with fellow pb'ers!

Comment

I'm between austin and dfw area.

Hopefully this time around we can actually all get together last time just came around with poor timing.

Comment

Representing the dirty H
            http://danimalk.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dallas, TX by way of Austin

Comment

NE Dallas here. Little town of Lavon, to be specific.

/wave

Comment

Im in Austin! Lots of vegans/veggies here (and me, an ex-vegan!) Texas is great for PBers, though. Plenty of meat , and Austin has great hiking trails. Hope to meet some more primals in Austin soon.....

Comment

AUSTIN! YAH!

I am currently looking to buy either a quarter or half a beef from one of the local farmers. I also got some price quotes on pastured chicken. We feed our dogs raw so we have an extra freezer for them...Thinking I might need one for us now!

The quarter beef that I found worked out to no more than 6.50 per pound. That's for Tbones and ground beef alike. I am drooling over the prospects and am stashing the cash away towards the total. I think it was around $450 for the quarter...? Will double check.

j
                    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Only $450 - please tell me more if that is true.... that's a worthy savings account draw if I ever heard of one!
                      "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
                      "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

Comment

Yes Mr. John, twas you indeed, on my stomach-ache thread.

Lets all try to meet at Lewisville lake somewhere in the next few weeks. I work every Saturday and Sunday without fail, so I guess any other evening works for me... after the semester finishes. What kind of work hours do you guys hold?

-写
                        Little Saiyan

Comment

Originally posted by lady_daraine View Post
                          Only $450 - please tell me more if that is true.... that's a worthy savings account draw if I ever heard of one!
                          Always Grass Fed Beef < This is prob where I'm going to order the quarter from.

Alexander Family Farm < is where I am probably going to pick up half a dozen or so chickens in the next week or so. The poultry is $3.75 a lb at about 3 - 4 lbs a bird. That's a lot but damn, the taste is so much better.

For Always Grass Fed, the email from Mike (Farmer) states that a quarter of a carcass is 70 - 90 lbs at no more than $6.50 per pound, processing included. So, at 80lbs, that's about $520.

Eat Wild < has been an awesome site for me to reference.
                          Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Rebuilding Myself-

Really? I was born and raised in Austin and moved to Mexico City a few months ago. Am home for a few weeks and head back to Mex the middle of May!

Wow- how cool!

A fellow Mex/ Tex...well I'm really a Tex/ Mex but you get the idea! Why are you in Aus?

Comment

Im watchin the weather channel and I sure hope y’all aren’t getting smacked with this weather! It is headed my way(south Mississippi!!)
                              Get on my Level
                              http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Abilene here.

Comment

Working...
                                X