No announcement yet.

Angelina Jolie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then why does she have resources? The 20th century demonstrated that resources are only to be awarded to the military-industrial complex's agents and profiteers. Everyone else gets shot.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

• feh

eta not to perfidy, just erasing a pointless argument
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Angelina Jolie copied by men! Surgeons now cutting out healthy prostate glands of men who carry BRCA gene

Mostly hype, it's ol' Natural News in overdrive again, but a fun thought nonetheless.
        Last edited by Knifegill; 05-19-2013, 11:24 PM.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Maybe she really is helping women. Such cynicism
          Maybe.... but as someone who doesn't believe in what she did, I don't think she is. I'm not saying she is "bad" or anything but well intentioned. But I don't think starting a trend of women having major surgery based off of often unreliable genetic tests is the best use of our health care dollars. Regular screening? Absolutely. Free regular screening, absolutely.

I'd also be curious to see how willing insurers are to pay for the pre-emptive surgeries and reconstructions.

It's really OK to not agree with someone on a healthcare issue. I see both sides and can appreciate where she is coming from, I just disagree.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            what else are we supposed to call her?
            How about Goddess Angelina:
            Tracey Cleantis: Angelina Jolie: Goddess, Amazon, Woman

Ugh.

Comment

• if calling her by her name is taboo, i can only imAGINE what reaction calling her an amazon goddess would bring
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                She didn't make it public for ego strokes. She went public in order to advocate for genetic testing to be available for everyone.

All insurance programs cover mammograms.
                She did it for the corportocracy:
                Conspiracy Planet - Celebrity Conspiracy - Angelina Jolie Mastectomy: PR - PsyOps - Scam

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
                  Men get breast cancer too and the rates are rising. Male BRCA mutation carriers are higher risk for breast cancer as well, Men tend to die as they get diagnosed later. Men who have a sister with a BRCA2 mutation cancer can also opt for tissue removal as their risks are quite elevated..
                  Hmmm....
                  aren't most men diagnosed with breast cancer suffering from "I'm bigger than a whale and have man-boobs" syndrome?
                  Don't be so concerned about yesterday, or worried about tomorrow, that you forget to enjoy today.

Comment

• Karen De Coster, the awesome writer of topics centered around libertarianism and the paleo diet, wrote about this increasing, "Amputate supposedly at-risk body parts" fad a few months back: Karen De Coster Take My Breasts, Please

I definitely recommend her article.

The largest factor that most CW-believing Western lemmings fail to grasp is that cancer is largely a disease of civilization and, therefore, a behavioral disease. For example, if one's family has a history of skin cancer, don't go and get skin grafts. Instead, research behavioral and chemical causes of skin cancer and have change behavior (largely food consumption) accordingly. If one is prone to lung cancer, don't cut your lungs out and live in an iron lung, but instead change your behaviors.

I also agree with the OP's sentiment that the control that our good friends in the mainstream media have over modern Westerners - convincing them to chop off their body parts on vague promises of increasing their lifespan and making them like movie starlets - is breathtaking. The word "awesome" is really the most suitable word to describe the degree of mind control the media exerts. It reminds me of this great scene in the movie 'Conan', where a demigod proves that his power is far greater than that of the merely physically strong Conan:

(For those who don't get the metaphor: James Earl Jones is the mainstream media and the dead woman are the people who believe it.)

I recently heard two thirtysomething women breathlessly celebrating Angelina Jolie's "courage". Their wording exposes that, deep down, this is a scam. Because it would not take courage to have a simple life-saving surgery. It would be automatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                      I am amused by much of this narrative, but the emergent trend that I am noticing on facebook is that the same women who criticize religion for its views of women and sexuality are cheering the mutilation of implicitly cancerous femininity.
                      Do you have the same thoughts about women who get tattoos?

Comment

• Definitely an embellishment and not an amputation. Different arena or something.
                        "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

• If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Perfidy, Angelina Jolie's aunt just died of breast cancer today.
                          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

• Angelina Jolie Undergoes a Double Mastectomy

Interesting that some procedures including mammography and needle insertion, may increase chance of breast cancer.

Ha, Perfidy, good point about humans being the only mammals with always-enlarged forward-facing teats, no matter if a woman is breast feeding or not.

Comment

• My take on it:
                              -The woman had her breasts removed because she was scared of cancer.
                              -She had them replaced with fakes because tits.
                              -She publicized it because she's a fame-hungry celeb: they'd publicize anything right down to their morning dumps if they could.
                              -The media ran with it because a more original story (like this one is), gets them a greater audience (more "sales").
                              -It doesn't mean she wouldn't have done it otherwise (she just wouldn't have made a deal about it).
                              -Only idiots would walk out and have their breasts hacked off "preventatively" due to what a celebrity does.
                              -If people misinterpret why she had it done and proceed to amputate/mutilate their own breasts out of an unnecessary fear of cancer, then their kids will be poorly fed as infants, on top of any other harms brought on from whatever other fads the parents decide to follow.
                              -These kids would suffer regardless of what this particular celebrity does or doesn't do, does or doesn't publicize. It's not the media: it's the parents.
                              -In my eyes, if someone is dumb enough to have a knee-jerk reaction to everything a celebrity does, they and/or their children should be swiftly removed from the gene-pool. Anything that speeds this up is favourable.

If some mothers being unable to breastfeed due to knee-jerk breast-removal ("'cuz cancer, and Jolie and TV and stuffs"), means the children of these women (carrying their genetic material) are weaker (more prone to illness and thus, more likely to die and less likely to reproduce), then that's what we call "natural selection".
                              Last edited by Kochin; 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM.
                              --
                              Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                              I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                              I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                                If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Perfidy, Angelina Jolie's aunt just died of breast cancer today.
                                That well and truly sucks
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X