Angelina Jolie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Nor do they exist to infect it with a poisonous contagion of hysterial self-mutilating fear or adulating cults of credulous despisers-of-the-body.
    Nor do they exist to sacrifice their lives by risking cancer so that men around them can believe they are "real", because only women with "real breasts" count as human beings for you.

Or do you put all women on the same plane as blow-up dolls?

Comment

Because I am an ignorant peasant I have no idea what you are all talking about and I suspect that I'm happier for it.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
        Because I am an ignorant peasant I have no idea what you are all talking about and I suspect that I'm happier for it.
        tl;dr version is angelina jolie had a dna screening, found she had a mutation that made her 87% likely to develope breast and/or ovarian cancer. her mom died of cancer, she didn't want to die on her kids, so she got a double mastectomy and rebuilt her chest with implants

the ultimate sex symbol of today is a mere mortal and i think some guys are having a difficult time handling it
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

Who said I have any sexual appreciation of angelina jolie? False. From the days Tomb Raider came out, I thought, "overhyped bullshit. She is the Beatles of asses."
          "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

I support a woman's choice when it comes to her health and well-being.

However, I am not a big fan of this particular woman flaunting her decision when in all likelihood it is more publicity stunt than anything else. I cannot support the sexualization of a disease for the sake of garnering more temporary attention.

In much the same way, I support folks adopting children and giving them the chance to thrive. I do not support flaunting said children like accessories (collect all the colors to match your wardrobe!).
            "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
            -H2G2

Comment

So is she having her ovaries removed too??

Comment

Who said I have any sexual appreciation of angelina jolie? False. From the days Tomb Raider came out, I thought, "overhyped bullshit. She is the Beatles of asses."
                you perceive this as gender mutilation

she perceives it as survival

if you're going to get mad at mutilation, you should turn your energies towards tribes who ritually slice and scar their toddlers and children

or the girls in africa who get their clitorises and labia scraped off with no pain killer

or monsanto
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

I have had two sisters recently go through breast cancer, one isn't doing so well, hers had metastasized to her lymph nodes, not getting over the two surgeries and chemo very well at all. Did not show up in mammograms. Both had it around the same age. Honestly, before Angelina, I was thinking of having the BRCA test done and if positive am considering the surgery. I already have calcium deposits and am being watched carefully, and repeated mammograms may well cause cancer itself. So please put yourself in others shoes before slamming the idea. This is not a decision you do lightly, it is mentally quite devastating, but the alternative is much much worse.
                  Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                  Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                  Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

breasts are a gender marker, sure. they're used to feed infants
                    Nah. If that were their primary function, they'd be like chimp teats, which look like BOTTLES THAT YOU USE TO FEED CHILDREN.

They are an evolutionary adaptation to being bi-pedal, because males used to only have an ass to look at and assess, and upright, face-to-face women developed a surrogate pair of ass-lobes to recapture our fleeting attention.
                    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

From an evolutionary perspective, the breasts are over developed sweat glands. Kinda takes the glamour out of it when you think about it that way.

Comment

Nah. If that were their primary function, they'd be like chimp teats, which look like BOTTLES THAT YOU USE TO FEED CHILDREN.

They are an evolutionary adaptation to being bi-pedal, because males used to only have an ass to look at and assess, and upright, face-to-face women developed a surrogate pair of ass-lobes to recapture our fleeting attention.
                        breasts are baby feeders, why would you want to sexualize the enfamil chest containers?
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

That's just not scientifically true though. See I just see that opinion as more despising of femininity.

Comment

nah, that opinion is annoyance at assertations that pre-emptive cancer fighting is nothing more than attention seeking gender mutilation
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

I thought that like, raspberries and shit were cancer preventative actions...

haha how bout them ovaries? Poor guy had to ask twice

Comment

she has a gene mutation, which means she is highly predisposed to developing cancer

her mom died of cancer

she has a whole stable of kids to not die for

i gotta be honest, if i were in her shoes i would for sure get the surgery done as well. why? my 2 grandparents who had cancer died horribly. tits/cancer/tits/cancer *hand scales*
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X