No announcement yet.

Eczema

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is also some thinking that eczema can be the manifestation of candida overgrowth.

agree about getting off the pharmaceuticals and avoiding ANY kind of detergent or potential irritant. pure aloe or coconut oil for soothing while trying various elimination strategies. good luck.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I'll be curious to see the replies you get. I get eczema on my fingers, back of hands, arms and elbows, and legs. I started suffering fromit at 34, when my daughter was born. No coincidence, stress can cause it, as can lack of sleep, which I've suffered with going to bed on time my whole life.

Going primal didn't seem to help, but not sure if I wasn't strict enough about it. Last June I started doing low carb again (after reading a bunch of Gary Taubes' stuff) and seemed like it was better through the summer, but since then it has been pretty constant. I did try a dairy free month (no cream in my coffee, that was the worst), but noticed no difference. I've also tried laying off wheat. Neither have seemed to help. I went to an osteopath and she ordered a blood panel (not sure which, something basic and probably not thorough) that showed nothing but possible bermuda grass reaction.

Comment

Ben, I really dont know but I have been researching for years and trying many different things, going primal helped but it was a lucky stumble I guess when I started noticing my skin healing. I started making bulletproof coffee with westgold butter and to my amazement my skin healed very quickly and has been great for 2 months. I live in outback Australia and the winter here is very dry, but my skin has a completely different texture about it since I started consuming butter.

Comment

Mine went away after going primal but returned with a vengeance over a particularly stressful winter that also threw me off the primal wagon. Cleaning up my diet did not resolve the eczema like it did the first time around so I started googling. Got the idea my gut flora might be out of whack (stomach bug, stress, lack of sleep) so I started taking daily probiotics. My intake had been pretty sporadic before - a bottle of kombucha every couple months, sauerkraut here and there, greek yogurt as a condiment, the occasional supplement. The eczema hasn't completely cleared up, but the discomfort has lessened considerably. I've also seemed to break my weight loss plateau. Bonus!
          Last edited by sidewinder; 07-26-2013, 10:29 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by walshy454 View Post
            Ben, I really dont know but I have been researching for years and trying many different things, going primal helped but it was a lucky stumble I guess when I started noticing my skin healing. I started making bulletproof coffee with westgold butter and to my amazement my skin healed very quickly and has been great for 2 months. I live in outback Australia and the winter here is very dry, but my skin has a completely different texture about it since I started consuming butter.
            Thanks for this - I'd never heard of that but certainly have now after a bit of research and made it a daily drink. Also drinking bone broth every day (twice a day) as that is supposed to be very good for healing the gut and also for the skin etc (and my wife thinks I've become a bit of a nut/hippy - but I think the taste is fantastic and feel great straight after)

Comment

this seems to be working along with a few other things. I've also started to blog them as there are so many people that like me (for over 30 years) just go to the doctor and get told to slap on some cream and that'll treat the eczema. Have a look and feel free to comment: nutterintheshed

Comment

I had eye eczema for 2 years. Friggin' brutal. Itching, scaling, redness and swelling. It shot my self confidence to shi!t. I tried everything: Braggs apple cider vinegar with mother, coconut oil, witch hazel, aquaphor, you name it. Every internet/youtube remedy there was, I tried it. Nothing helped and usually made it worse. I went to a dermatologist and he gave me Elidel. A week later I went back and, get this, he took one look at my eyes and actually said "oh sh!t". Yeah, it got worse. Thanks doc!

A few months later I went to see another dermatologist and he gave me Alclometasone ointment. In two days my eye eczema was completely gone. I was on it for 14 days and 1 month later it has not come back (knock on wood). My eyes are completely back to normal.

Not sure if it will work for you but I thought I'd share my experience.

Comment

Working...
                X