Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farms in Maryland area? Beef/pork/chicken

Hello.
    I was wondering if anyone has experience in buying in bulk from farms in MD area. I know of the eat wild. Com site but has anyone used any?
    Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Where in Maryland are you? I have purchased from some places in Delaware and have considered a couple in Maryland. There are quite a few west of the DC area that are just too far for me.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

I'm close to Frederick

Comment

I've not bought bulk, but I have had good products from Hedgeapple farm in Buckeystown.

Hedgeapple Farm, Buckeystown MD

Comment

Eatwild.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Wags View Post
            I'm close to Frederick
            That's pretty far for me. I don't know anything about the farms in that area other than what I've read on eatwild.com, but it's a populous area. Hopefully you'll hear from someone with experience. You might try localharvest.com too.

The places closest to me only advertise by word of mouth. They are very small operations. I found them through the farmer whose CSA I joined this year. Once you start to make connections, it gets easier and easier.
            50yo, 5'3"
            SW-195
            CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
            GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

You could check with the Weston Price Foundation (The Weston A. Price Foundation - Weston A Price Foundation) to see if they have a chapter in Frederick or nearby. As Laura said, small operations frequently don't advertise, but can be found when you make a good connection. It is how I found several small organic farmers.
              Starting Weight: 197.5
              Current Weight: 123
              Far healthier!

Comment

Found a source for beef/pork/chicken.

Anyone interested in splitting a cow 2 or 3 ways? I can forward all the info

Comment

Still looking for anyone in area to split. If intrested let me know. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wags View Post
                    Still looking for anyone in area to split. If intrested let me know. Thanks
                    My problem is storage space. I live in a very small apartment. But I might be able to get some other family members on board, and then hopefully, I could arrange to share my split with them

What is the source? I'm in Montgomery County, near DC, but I get my beef from Rights of Man farm in Ijamsville, near Frederick. I've visited the farm once, but generally buy at a farmer's market in Montgomery Village.

Comment

Working...
                    X