Unexpected Benefits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected Benefits

I'm wondering if others have experienced unexpected benefits from primal eating. I just started about a week ago and have been pretty solid except for an incident with some Carrot Cake that my wife bought.

Anyway, in addition to very steady energy, Ive also noticed that I'm sleeping a lot less. This could be because I'm at a conference, and not at home, but I'm just not sleepy - I'm getting about 6 hours per night, but don't feel tired. Also, I noticed that my teeth feel really clean, as if i just got them cleaned. I've read that dental problems are asociated with the Western Diet, but was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

Thanks,

Bill

My sense of smell and reflexes are incredible! I'm like a wolf or some badass animal. It might be the diet or it might be the harder training but the harder training is a result of the diet so either way primal is working out just great.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Bill, I've experiences some "bonuses" - but different than yours - I sleep much better (but still 7-8 hours), heal faster and I seem to be able to concentrate better. I also seem happier, overall. Glad you are getting some good benefits!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
        My sense of smell and reflexes are incredible! I'm like a wolf or some badass animal. It might be the diet or it might be the harder training but the harder training is a result of the diet so either way primal is working out just great.
        Way OT but whenever I picture you, I totally picture Harry Potter.

Comment

Originally posted by Suki View Post
          Way OT but whenever I picture you, I totally picture Harry Potter.
          To go further OT your avatar picture makes me think of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat doing his 'get over here' move. You even have your spare hand raised ready to strike.
          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

The lack of sleep is probably partially due to ketosis. Dr. Eades mentions that it tends to keep people awake at night for the first few weeks on this kind of dietary plan, so it will fade with time. But the fact that you feel energized is great, isn't it?

I've also experienced the tooth thing. It's awesome.
            Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

I've experienced the clean teeth thing as well. I have leaps and bounds more energy, sleep better, heal faster, get sick less than 1/4 as often, and my allergies are little to none (when normally I would do best to buy stock in kleenex). Not to mention the weight loss =)

All in all, Primal is probably the best thing that has EVER happened to me as far as quality of life.

Comment

This is my second week of eating primal and I find that I sleep better. I fall asleep faster, sleep deeper and through the night (This has never happened in my entire life, I used to always wake up at 3am!). My dreams are really vivid too!
                I noticed the teeth thing as well, which is very welcome considering I have weak teeth and dental problems. I am hoping the Primal lifestyle will spell the end for my frequent root canals! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                  I'm certainly no ninja, but I have noticed an unexplainable ability to toss things *into* trashcans. (A remarkable first for me!) My sense of smell has always been good, so now it's almost too good.
                  "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -- Virginia Woolf

Comment

I sleep better (7.5 hours is enough for me now) my allergies are almost nonexistent, my IBS seems to be going away, I'm not hungry all the time, and my hormones seem to be regulating themselves better, if you get my drift. All in all, not bad.
                    "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
                    "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

Comment

my oral hygiene has improved too! i get so much dang meat stuck in my teeth that my flossing frequency has increased. much to the delight of my dentist

but seriously, my mood swings that used to be, like, 99% of my behavior are largely nonexistent now. i feel so much better.
                      sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

My allergies have disappeared as well, the only thing I'm still allergic to is my cat. Then again grok would not have had a cat, so maybe i'll roast him up Just kiddin.

Though I have noticed my putting game in disc golf has improved since going primal, definatley a huge plus!

Comment

Teeth feel stronger, sinuses are going away, tons of energy, skin feels better. I used to get this chronic stomach pain that doctors couldnt figure out ("just eat more fiber!") now thats gone too.

I also have the burning desire to do more primal things - I have been walking everywhere, switching toothpaste/soap/deodorant to natural products, I switched to a standing desk, getting my vibrams in today... its like my body is finally waking up.
                          - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

Comment

It's crazy. I wake up before my alarm now- and I used to be groggy in the mornings. I am less congested. Skin is clearer, I have better focus, migraines seem to be GONE, and my energy levels are through the roof- I just caught myself dancing around the kitchen while cleaning!
                            With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                              To go further OT your avatar picture makes me think of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat doing his 'get over here' move. You even have your spare hand raised ready to strike.
                              Hahaha! Yes! Get over here!
                              Last edited by Suki; 04-21-2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X