X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beef Prices Have Hit an All-Time High"

Tell me about it!

Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Hmm...seeing as how those fears over mad cow from Canadian beef were pretty unfounded anyway, I'll continue to enjoy my healthy supply of nice, grass-fed Alberta beef.

Sorry 'bout your luck

Comment

The suggestion at the end of the article... "dump[] more bread crumbs in the burgers."

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Actually, the only things I've seen go up since stopping the purchase of CAFO foods (about 9 months) are butter and salmon. Wild salmon is a staple of healthy CW also, so not surprising. Not sure why the butter went up, but it's not enough to make me squirm. I don't use all that much except when I run out of half 'n' half and need something for my morning coffee.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

For sure. Even garbage CAFO 73/27 ground beef is over $3.00/lb around here.
          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

And there goes "The Man", stickin it to us again. Thank goodness for grass fed
            Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

I was surprised to see store ground beef, 80/20, for $4.49lb today and it was on sale. Used to be able to get it on sale for $2.99lb. However, I pay $2.50lb for local grassfed beef, in any cut
              *Sara*

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                Actually, the only things I've seen go up since stopping the purchase of CAFO foods (about 9 months) are butter and salmon. Wild salmon is a staple of healthy CW also, so not surprising. Not sure why the butter went up, but it's not enough to make me squirm. I don't use all that much except when I run out of half 'n' half and need something for my morning coffee.
                Do you have an Aldis? They have good prices on fish-I bought a pound of wild caught salmon there this morning for $4.49
                *Sara*

Comment

Originally posted by mom23kids View Post
                  I pay $2.50lb for local grassfed beef, in any cut
                  Uh... I'm gonna have to put in an order with your guy!
                  The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
                    He's a hobby farmer who does it for family and friends, I'm fortunate that my fil is a friend, so we go in on my in-laws share
                    *Sara*

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
                      He's a hobby farmer who does it for family and friends, I'm fortunate that my fil is a friend, so we go in on my in-laws share
                      *Sara*

Comment

Originally posted by mom23kids View Post
                        Do you have an Aldis? They have good prices on fish-I bought a pound of wild caught salmon there this morning for $4.49
                        None in the whole state.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

We buy half a cow at a time so I haven't noticed that beef has gone up, but I have noticed that nuts have gone up quite a bit. I buy them at our local health food store (no Trader Joes around here) and the prices have skyrocketed!
                          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

This was forecasted over a year ago, when the drought hit and livestock farmers began slaughtering their herds because they could not afford the feed. Initially meat prices went down, now they are going up as they were predicted to do.

Shop around. I went to the local meat market the other day which I hardly ever go to, and saw they had 10% fat burger for $2 something a pound. Heck, 20% fat burger at the grocery store is over $5 a pound. I was surprised to see a specialty store cheaper than the grocery, but now I know where to check prices on meat. I'm going to price check steaks next.
                            High Weight: 225
                            Weight at start of Primal: 189
                            Current Weight: 174
                            Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Working...
                            X