No announcement yet.

How many hours of sun are you getting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours of sun are you getting?

We all know the importance of getting enough D:
    Mark's Daily Apple
    Sunshine

So, how many hours, how bright/direct is the sunlight and how much skin got access to it today?
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

What is this "sun" thing you speak of?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
      +1 Sadly, I can go days without getting sun. I don't actually like sunny days very much. I'm more prone to get sunlight on an overcast or rainy day. I take lots of vitD.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Today I'm going to take a long walk on the beach and get lots of VitD but really, it will just be on my face, feet, and hands. It's too chilly yet to wear summer clothes, it's more of a jeans and sweatshirts (more than one) kind of day.
        be the hair that knots with my hair
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Typically a minimum of 70- 90 mins ( per day X6 days) with good exposure. 3 days in a two piece swim suit, 3 days in a tank and shorts. This exposure comes with my workouts....there is always more exposure beyond that, but that's the min.

Comment

This morning I got 1h and 40min of sun before it became too strong for me. Having fair skin from my Celtic side, I have to be cautious. I'll prolly nip out later, though. Sat around in the shortest sleeveless dress I have.
            --
            Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
            I'd apologize, but...

Comment

True, you haven't got your Summer weather yet.

But you CAN try and get outside in a t-shirt whenever it's even slightly sunny/less cloudy. As long as it was over 5C, this Winter I made the effort to get out in a T-shirt sometimes even if it was windy/raining. Any sunlight that gets through the clouds was stolen by my skin. Last Winter my D3 was just a bit low, where the one before I was so low I got ill and was prescribed supplements. So it seems to have worked, regardless of how little sun there actually was. So even non-visible sun helps.
              --

--
              I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Kochin View Post
                True, you haven't got your Summer weather yet.

But you CAN try and get outside in a t-shirt whenever it's even slightly sunny/less cloudy. As long as it was over 5C, this Winter I made the effort to get out in a T-shirt sometimes even if it was windy/raining. Any sunlight that gets through the clouds was stolen by my skin. Last Winter my D3 was just a bit low, where the one before I was so low I got ill and was prescribed supplements. So it seems to have worked, regardless of how little sun there actually was. So even non-visible sun helps.
                Keep in mind that I live right next to the north sea and have been experiencing regular 30-40+ mph winds which makes that 5 to 10 degree weather feel like the freaking Antarctic....
                Stupid Siberian weather
                Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

Comment

This weekend I probably got about 1.5-2 hours too much lol, but it was the first weekend we had clear sunny skies, low winds, and hot temps. I was sitting on the deck having a couple of beers with my wife with my shirt off, and I am now pink, but it is fading fast. I think I got about 3-3.5 hours Saturday, and about 2 hours yesterday (a little more cautious with covering my skin)

Comment

Around two hours, in the morning and in the late afternoon! The sun is pretty strong here where I live, so I try to avoid direct sunlight in the middle of the day...
                    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGrok View Post
                      This weekend I probably got about 1.5-2 hours too much lol, but it was the first weekend we had clear sunny skies, low winds, and hot temps. I was sitting on the deck having a couple of beers with my wife with my shirt off, and I am now pink, but it is fading fast. I think I got about 3-3.5 hours Saturday, and about 2 hours yesterday (a little more cautious with covering my skin)
                      I think everyone in AB was outside this weekend soaking it in and celebrating the end of the. longest. winter. ever. I managed a couple hours of patio time on Saturday but was stuck inside working all day yesterday. I'll take full advantage today, though!

Comment

Normally I will go out at noon and take a walk in short sleeves. Sometimes I will change into shorts. On weekends I will usually cover up with long sleeves and pants when I go hiking because the sun is harsh and the scratchy plants are harsher.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Whoo-hoo! I woke up to sunshine and no wind this morning.
                          Of course i have to work today

But been out for half an hour with the dogs and hopefully the weather will stick so I can get some rays later on. When it is nice out I try to get out as much as possible.
                          Naked sunbathing in the back garden when its warm enough

Comment

These days in DK, there is plenty of sunshine and spring is suddenly blooming like crazy!! I have been outdoor for quite many hours, I commute 1h30 by bike everyday in shorts and T-shirt, and during week-ends, we are 4-5 hours outdoor each day (been to the beach last Sunday).

Comment

Whoo-hoo! I woke up to sunshine and no wind this morning.
                              Of course i have to work today

But been out for half an hour with the dogs and hopefully the weather will stick so I can get some rays later on. When it is nice out I try to get out as much as possible.
                              Naked sunbathing in the back garden when its warm enough
                              Sweet!
                              Glad you're finally seeing some of the yellow feller in the sky.
                              --

--
                              I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Working...
                              X