No announcement yet.

How many hours of sun are you getting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2h out and wandering in the sun. Nice and bright today.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Yesterday we hiked in dappled sunshine for 7 hours with a break in the sun for lunch. The weather is still cool here and the ticks are abundant so I wore a ball cap, long sleeved shirt and long pants. My face, hands and wrists still got a fair amt. of sun and the bit of pink I came home with has already faded.

Comment

As little as possible. I take a vitamine D supplement. Blasting your skin with UV radiation accelerates aging.

My journal

Comment

I used to get more (usually 6 hours solid - southwest United States desert climate) when I could walk my routes every day, but now my routes have been chopped and reassembled so I'm in and out of the truck like a UPS driver for 6 hours instead (plus an hour or so drive each way). I try to get as much exposure as I can, but it doesn't always work out that way.

I have fair skin due to German and Irish ancestry, but 6 years later, I've built up a good tan on my arms, face and neck. I do wear jeans year round so I can power through bushes and (vanity!) not have sock lines when I wear a dress, but I still get the neck V and nearly albino upper arms. I haven't used sun screen, other than on trips where my clothing is different, in at least 3 years or more.

I always wear sunglasses, though. I hate squinting, and I don't think it's good for your eyes all day long anyway.
          Durp.

Comment

Not nearly as much as I'd like. Have to be at work (office, desk, blah) from 7:30 - 5:30. I get out around noon, go home, and have lunch on the back patio with my dog, so if the weather's good, that's 15 min. (feet, face & arms). Fridays I get off early, so I get some 'incidental' sun running errands (again - face, feet, arms & legs if it's warm enough.) Ditto that on Saturdays when the Mr. & I are out and about from around 10 a.m. until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Sundays are lazy days, spent almost exclusively at home so if weather permits, I take in some sun on those days.

Comment

I have always avoided the sun and wear a hat when I go out walking, due to my medium pale skin and freckles that get very dark when I tan, thanks to my peachy-pale mother and Mediterranean father.

Comment

I love my freckles

And my skin always does much better with a good tan. Strangly i dont tend to burn easily even though blue eyes/blond hair
                Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Got a few hours of good sun this morning before it started raining this afternoon.
                  --
                  Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                  I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                  I'd apologize, but...

Comment

I've literally gone nearly a year without any real sun. Last year we had one of the most overcast summers on record. Then winter, which even when sunny, matters little our latitude. We're just now getting into the time of year where sun exposure would result in some vitamin D. I'm hoping it's sunny this year.
                    High Weight: 225
                    Weight at start of Primal: 189
                    Current Weight: 174
                    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

I don't get much sun. I'm pretty fair skinned, although I used to tan when I was younger. My mother had all these skin 'growths' cut out of her when I was around 12 - she said they were little lumps caused from laying out in the sun in overcast weather when she was younger living in San Francisco. I thought... I don't want scars all over my body, so I stopped getting a lot of sun, got real pale and tended to burn after that. I probably caused more harm than good because I have always blushed too easily and now have a reddish face in most areas and decollete where I get most of my sun now.

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

Comment

none without sunscreen so I make a real effort with dietary vitamin D
                        When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                        27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                        new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Working...
                        X