What the World Eats -- A Week's Worth of Groceries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the World Eats -- A Week's Worth of Groceries

Not sure if this is accurate at all or where it comes from, but interesting to look at. Some countries appear to subsist almost entirely on processed food, e.g., Britain and U.S.

What the world eats -- a week's worth of groceries - Imgur

My journal

To look at it it seems that the families shown are displaying the food that they ate. The question, I guess, is how typical are they?

Comment

Fascinating pix, thanks Serenity.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Amazing how many cultures had lots of soda pop. And yes, all the processed food.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
          To look at it it seems that the families shown are displaying the food that they ate. The question, I guess, is how typical are they?
          My guess. And let me emphasis guess. Is that they probably took surveys throughout the country, compiled data, etc. Got all the average foods and quantities and picked a family to take the picture with the food (if even really a family and not just hired models).

Comment

Here are the slides shows from Time Magazine. They include the weekly tally for each family's groceries plus a few photos that were left out of the original link.
            What the World Eats, Part I - Photo Essays - TIME
            Hungry Planet: What the World Eats, Part II - Photo Essays - TIME
            32-y.o., 5'7", 125lbs.
            Looking to improve my way of eating and mange a lean PCOS diagnosis without medication.
            Proud 80/20 primal mama of twins born March 2012 and surprise #3 due August 2013!

Comment

Surprising how many of the families had bananas.
              Primal Breakfast Club

Comment

All those bananas in Ecuador, and the guys smile are my favorite.

Comment

yeah,i think so,Amazing how many cultures had lots of soda pop. And yes, all the processed food. thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X