Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meatageddon (an idea)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meatageddon (an idea)

    A while ago, I was bullshitting with someone about turducken, and taking it to it's logical conclusion. The conclusion that was reached was that if you start from quail or pigeon and rachet up to large game, say elk, bear or moose, you'd need to sous vide each before combining and finishing roasting it all together. The idea was intriguing, but kind've left alone for a while and forgot about it.

    Then, earlier I caught on about bone luges, which just struck me as beyond epic. Which, somehow, brought me back to the idea. A festival (it'd need to be) with bone luge, offal, a variety of vegatable sides to match and all topped off with the largest meat-stuffed-with-meat-stuffed-with-meat abomination possible.

    I'm hoping someone else has some ideas or interest in this, because it'd be a great idea both for an exclusive primal event, or for reaching out and introducing the broader community to the primal lifestyle. Unfortunately, I'm not great at organization or networking. Figured it'd be a good idea to kick this around on here before trying to reach out locally for assistance and starting up anything.

  • #2
    If I fasted for two days previously I could eat prodigious quantities of said abomination.

    Comment


    • #3
      OP, check this out. I think you might like it.

      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

      B*tch-lite

      Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

      Comment


      • #4
        I couldn't eat anything with "centipede" in the name!

        Comment


        • #5
          I love epic meal time.

          Comment


          • #6
            I like Big Primal.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sjmc View Post
              I couldn't eat anything with "centipede" in the name!
              LOL! There are no centipedes in the dish. It's the way they arrange it.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

              B*tch-lite

              Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
                Then, earlier I caught on about bone luges, which just struck me as beyond epic. Which, somehow, brought me back to the idea. A festival (it'd need to be) with bone luge, offal, a variety of vegatable sides to match and all topped off with the largest meat-stuffed-with-meat-stuffed-with-meat abomination possible.
                But what is she drinking from that bone luge funnel? Is that booze or melted marrow?

                I think you should field the idea to Mark. Maybe you could cater the next PrimalCon.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I once found this UK website where you could buy 20 birds, stuffed into each other. Seriously. It fed a LOT of people. If you could get someothing like that I would TOTALLY be there.
                  Out of context quote for the day:

                  Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    But what is she drinking from that bone luge funnel? Is that booze or melted marrow?
                    Booze, you eat the marrow and then luge your drink. Apparently, it helps get the tidbits and grease off the bone and adds to the character of the drink. I'm honestly suprised we didn't think of this first.

                    I think you should field the idea to Mark. Maybe you could cater the next PrimalCon.
                    That's not a bad idea, though I don't have any equipment. It'd be about a year away, so it'd give me time to figure it out.

                    Also, still brainstorming titles. How does a Hunt and Gathering sound as a working title?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
                      Booze, you eat the marrow and then luge your drink. Apparently, it helps get the tidbits and grease off the bone and adds to the character of the drink. I'm honestly suprised we didn't think of this first.

                      Also, still brainstorming titles. How does a Hunt and Gathering sound as a working title?
                      Me too. How much more Primal can you get than a little bone marrow in your tequila shot. I'm not kidding. There a few things in this world that could not be improved with the addition of some bone marrow.

                      "Hunt and Gathering" is not bad. How about "Grok's Hearth" or "Primal Fire"?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        All good working names, and I suspect we'd see people picking different ones for local events, which I think is a good ultimate direction for this to go. Even without the abomination of meat, getting local primals together and paying down for some park space to invite the neighborhood to try numerous primal dishes would be worth getting behind.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          Me too. How much more Primal can you get than a little bone marrow in your tequila shot. I'm not kidding. There a few things in this world that could not be improved with the addition of some bone marrow.

                          "Hunt and Gathering" is not bad. How about "Grok's Hearth" or "Primal Fire"?
                          Hmm... Bacon infused bourbon bone luge.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            Hmm... Bacon infused bourbon bone luge.
                            Or we could have long sections of roasted bone, whole not halved like in the link, eat the marrow out with a long spoon and then use the bone for a drink straw. A little bone marrow with every slurp.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                              Hmm... Bacon infused bourbon bone luge.
                              It seems Bourbon, Tequila, and Sherry are the favorite drinks of choice.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X