Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triceps, Bingo Wings and Flabby Upper Arms in General.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't worried about the three year old, lol! Kids bounce.

But the shoulder joint is pretty flexible/fragile & it's not a great a idea IMO to lift anything for weight training that can wiggle on its own (speaking as a former personal trainer, here.) Obviously, you will be lifting your kids anyway for fun/play!

I have seen too many rotator cuff injuries, perhaps!
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
      it's not a great a idea IMO to lift anything for weight training that can wiggle on its own
      Oh man, now I have to return my shakeweight.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Oh don't tell my husband that. One of my biggest motivators, both in trying to lose fat myself and making my husband build muscle is so that he can carry me upstairs when I fall asleep on the sofa and can't be bothered tr walk there myself!

Comment

Originally posted by freerangepiglings View Post
          Oh don't tell my husband that. One of my biggest motivators, both in trying to lose fat myself and making my husband build muscle is so that he can carry me upstairs when I fall asleep on the sofa and can't be bothered tr walk there myself!
          Well there is a bit of a difference ergonomically between benchpressing a potentially wiggly 3 year old and carrying a body close to your chest.
          Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
          Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
          Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Re: feeling like push-ups work your biceps more, do tricep push-ups. Move your hands no more than shoulder width apart and make sure your palms are directly under your shoulders - when you go down to the push up, your elbows should brush your sides. That will move the focus to the tricep - they are tough! look it up on youtube, there are variations. Any tricep move you are doing, try pull your elbows in - its easy to let them splay out, which won't work the muscle properly.
            Last edited by Zanna; 04-25-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X