Has anyone ever frozen avocado?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever frozen avocado?

I was thinking about how when bananas start to get too ripe, they can often be saved by freezing them. Has anyone ever tried this with avocado? How was it?

Thanks in advance.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

It was ok, I've had better avocados honestly. Though, it can be used the same way bananas can, ie; making an avocado ice cream type thing.

I'm not much of an avocado aficionado though, I rarely eat them cause they have a ton of fat that I don't like.

I wonder if one could make avocado bread too...
    Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      Though, it can be used the same way bananas can, ie; making an avocado ice cream type thing.

Done that chocolate style.

Delicious <3
      Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
      https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
      MFP Food Diary:
      http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
      (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Originally posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
        Done that chocolate style.

Delicious <3
        Need to try that soon. I have a bunch of avocados that were growing alongside these oranges I picked. Summertime in California is pretty good for citrus and avocados.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Derp, thanks. And doesn't it just figure that you live in the one state that probably put avocados on the map and you're not fond of them.

The idea of avocado ice cream is appealing, but I'd want the taste of the avocado to be true; not sure if I'd want to cover it up with chocolate.

Off to search recipes...
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I freeze them. i mash them with some lime/lemon/vinegar and pack them into the smallest bag possible. It tastes fine. Chunks don't do well, so you are limited to a smooth mash. I did buy avocado halves vacuum sealed and frozen one time and they were delicious, too. I never saw them again.

Comment

Thank you!

B*tch-lite

Comment

I sliced them, using lemon on each layer and defrost naturally. tastes great

Comment

I make guacamole and freeze it in 4 oz containers. Stays perfectly fresh looking - not brown if you use lime.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyd View Post
                    I make guacamole and freeze it in 4 oz containers. Stays perfectly fresh looking - not brown if you use lime.
                    This. They freeze better pre mashed than whole and some citrus juice is essential or it will get all brown and yucky.

And I'll take all the avocados Derp doesn't want.

Comment

Working...
                    X