Where did you meet your partner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you meet your partner?

So where did everyone here meet their girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband? I'm 24 and and finding it hard to meet people since I don't really go to bars/clubs like others my age.

We met on OKCupid.

Comment

She was flatting with my brother, so when he got married, I stayed in his room in his flat, and hung out with his flatmates all weekend....
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

In a bar. Really.
        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

We worked together
          link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

Church youth group. It was about the only mixed sex group in town. I was 16, he was a 24 year old sailor. We have been married 33 years now.

Comment

Band camp - sophomore year of high school. This year will be our 20th anno, and four kids to show for it.
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

We worked together at an environmental education center.

Comment

Originally posted by Bifcus View Post
                  Church youth group. It was about the only mixed sex group in town. I was 16, he was a 24 year old sailor. We have been married 33 years now.
                  Originally posted by Crabbcakes
                  Band camp - sophomore year of high school. This year will be our 20th anno, and four kids to show for it.
                  This is just sick - how dare you find happiness so young. Just kidding, that's great. Things like this don't seem to happen as much anymore.

Lynx, where do you work? Do you go to school? What do you like to do? If you don't like "traditional" bars/clubs try finding ones that feature musicians. That way you'll have something to comment on when that one cute person catches your eye.
                  Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Through a mutual friend online.
                    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

At a Vegas nightclub (I was visiting from Cali). I figured why not, I'd never had a one night stand/weekend fling before. 5 years later, here we are :P

Comment

Work romance... USAF, same squadron.
                        I turned him down about a dozen times before I went out with him.
                        And I remember thinking it was a really bad idea.
                        You NEVER date in house; it's a huge faux pas(for the female service member anyway).
                        He wasn't even my type, but he was pretty irresistible...

15 years later, I'm still not sure it wasn't a bad idea.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I married my best friend's brother, she introduced us and we are still together 12 years later.

Comment

On a blind date. I met a woman through the Women's Bar Association, and she kept telling me that a friend of hers from college had just returned from grad school in CA and she thought we'd really hit it off. For about a year, I said no - then finally figured what the hell? The rest is history, I suppose - we've been married almost 6 years and have a beautiful 3 year old daughter

Comment

POF.com ™ The Leading Free Online Dating Site for Singles & Personals
                              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                              Current Weight: 235 pounds
                              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Working...
                              X