How Much is Too Much

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much is Too Much

I read one of Mark's articles saying that having sex 2-3 times per week is a good "sweet spot." I also saw a Kinsey Institute saying that only 10% of partnered people in the 18-24 age group (such as myself) have sex more than four times a week. My boyfriend and I tend to have sex a lot more than this, even after almost four years together. Is there such a thing as too much sex?

Originally posted by M26Garrett View Post
    Is there such a thing as too much sex?
    What a great question! Wish I had a good answer for you based on more than anecdotal evidence. Somehow I can't imagine it being a problem as long as you're both healthy and interested. If one person felt pressured, that's another matter.

Comment

Let's just say I sure hope not.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Thinly veiled 'I'm getting plenty' thread imo

Comment

Originally posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
          Thinly veiled 'I'm getting plenty' thread imo
          That's not what I meant. Mark's article actually had places that said too much sex might be bad for different reasons. I'm actually concerned, and this isn't something that's been addressed on the forums.

Comment

Does too much sex fall into the 'chronic cardio' category?

This question annoys me as much as the "help! Am I loosing (sic) weight too fast?" threads.

Everything in moderation. Including moderation.
            Sandra
            *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

I was hoping that I could ask a serious question and receive serious answers. Instead, I am accused of bragging and called annoying. Not exactly a great incentive to join this primal community.

Comment

stop being so precious we are only gently mocking

sheesh

Comment

ahhh I remember the good old days of wanting sex -- lots of sex... now I wish I had a libido! I am starting (again) the induction phase... hoping to find my libido again!

Comment

Originally posted by M26Garrett View Post
                    Is there such a thing as too much sex?
                    Too much sex for what? Optimal health??
                    Sandra
                    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Where'd Mark say THAT?? Sorry--i've checked and can't find it...

Comment

Yeah, I've heard too much sex is bad also. The ex and I tried to keep it to twice a day so as not to wear ourselves out. We're in our 50s and 60s, so I think thrice a day would have been too much.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

You guys make me laugh.

OP- Honestly, I think if you are feeling healthy and happy, and nothing is forced- have at it! Every couple is different! As long as you are in tune with your body- it'll let you know when too much is too much.
                          You don't have to be sick to get better.
                          Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                          Primal start: 1/2/2012
                          My Primal Journal
                          Living, loving and learning.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Yeah, I've heard too much sex is bad also. The ex and I tried to keep it to twice a day so as not to wear ourselves out. We're in our 50s and 60s, so I think thrice a day would have been too much.

nice
                            Starting waist measurement: 36". Current 35". First Goal 33".
                            Starting backsquat: 50lbs. Current squat: 132lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by drjoyous View Post
                              Where'd Mark say THAT?? Sorry--i've checked and can't find it...
                              It's at the end of #8 in his blog post 8 Health Reasons to Have Sex (As If You Needed Them)

Comment

Working...
                              X