Anarchy and why Statism is the worst thing to ever happen to us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Remember, Yoga, how this country came to be. I agree with you, there is a risk that the replacement could be worse. But, we have to stand up for ourselves at SOME point (which I believe to be now.) Look at what they're doing to our food system! Transportation, work force. This country is just fucked due to what this "government" has done starting WAYYY back in the day. Not just in the last 10 years.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" is something I live by. I want to see changes in the food system. What do I do with my life? Grow and raise food not only for my family but for other families as well. I want folks to understand why the right to owning firearms is so important, so I speak about it. Etc etc etc.

We cannot just talk about it. You have to do it. We have to stand up for ourselves in any way we can. I practice civil disobedience every single day. Could I go to prison for what I do? Oh yes. Am I afraid? I'm not anymore. Do not fear them. That is how we become slaves.

Essentially, I agree with what you're saying. I just want people to be more proactive about it if they see what is going on. You can do something in your own way.
    Actually, imo what you're talking about here is bloodless revolution People need to take power back from the corporations, and the only way to do that is self sufficiency. If more people were producing goods and local people were prepared to buy them, then it would work.

Problem is that people would have to downsize and that's not our culture's protocol. We're brainwashed to believe we need stuff to make us happy.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      Problem is that people would have to downsize and that's not our culture's protocol. We're brainwashed to believe we need stuff to make us happy.
      I was discussing this very thing with my wife yesterday. We were looking for a place to rent when our current lease is up and we came across a 1 bed 1 bath house. I asked her "Do you think we should just sell everything and move into that house? What do we really NEED anyway?"

It is a somewhat scary thing to think about though. What about all my stuff?!
      The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• Oh Yoga, honey, I do not WANT bloodshed. But, I do think it is inevitable. I wish it could change peacefully. I wish we could regain our freedoms, but I just don't see it happening. I am trying to make the greatest impact I can right now. For my family and the people in my community. I also agree- self sufficiency is KEY. If you don't need the grocery store, public transit, employment or the electric company, what can they do to you?
        The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by aliphian View Post
          I was discussing this very thing with my wife yesterday. We were looking for a place to rent when our current lease is up and we came across a 1 bed 1 bath house. I asked her "Do you think we should just sell everything and move into that house? What do we really NEED anyway?"

It is a somewhat scary thing to think about though. What about all my stuff?!
          Start getting rid of stuff. Its insanely liberating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
            Start getting rid of stuff. Its insanely liberating.
            I have already begun out of necessity. I still have plenty to get rid of though.

Comment

• Originally posted by aliphian View Post
              I have already begun out of necessity. I still have plenty to get rid of though.
              That's the easy part. The hard part is not acquiring it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rojo View Post
                Since our household income was cut in half it is fairly simple to stop acquiring new things. Now to get rid of the un-used old things.

Comment

Not buying stuff is hard?
                  Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                  Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                  Current Weight: 235 pounds
                  Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Yip. I came back from six months backpacking with next to nothing, and then people kept giving me things!!! And then I had to buy furniture. Before you know it...
                    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
                      Anna5.... Please go away. No one cares if you're here. No one cares if you comment. You've done a bang up job of making a complete ass of yourself. No one cares about your ridiculous, worthless degree. No one cares of your heritage. Maybe I WOULD have cared if you weren't such a disgusting bigot.
                      Big thumbs up here.
                      And if there was no state to stop them, the decent people (who would no doubt outnumber the losers) would deal with the losers. An enlightened society isn't really the goal of anarchy, there is no goal with anarchy. The result of anarchy though is absolute freedom, for better or for worse. I would rather err on the side of too much freedom than too much regulation.
                      and here too.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Erm... I think people can organize themselves, but only on a very small scale. When we get into something as big as a country, efficient and truly representative government becomes impossible. *shrugs* C'est la vie.
                        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                          Erm... I think people can organize themselves, but only on a very small scale. When we get into something as big as a country, efficient and truly representative government becomes impossible. *shrugs* C'est la vie.
                          I agree with this. I suppose that is why I think about a post apocalyptic world in a sort of romantic way. Survival of the fittest is as fair as nature gets. Grok would kick ass in a world where he alone was responsible for his own well-being. I want to be like Grok.

Comment

• ^^^ sometimes I feel the same way. Just living to live. Of course, it won't be all mushy gushy romantic. But I do day dream about not having to work off farm and literally being sustained here %100. I have a ways to go, but I think I can get there someday.
                            The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by anna5 View Post
                              Cali, babbling about the goodness of anarchy is illiterate babbling. But I am ready for anarchy - I do have long and sharp kitchen knives.
                              Anna I was trying to be funny! As in....anarchy cannot be good....we have way to many examples of how awful it is. The concept seems great for people who are kind hearted but the reality is another story.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali798 View Post
                                Anna I was trying to be funny! As in....anarchy cannot be good....we have way to many examples of how awful it is. The concept seems great for people who are kind hearted but the reality is another story.
                                You have examples of anarchy in developed countries?
                                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Working...
                                X