Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm shocked that derp started a thread!

I used to be a libertarian. But the problem is that most people don't want to accept responsibility for their lives. They need something to blame, and governments serve that function nicely.

Put everyone on equal footing, and there would be a scramble for power.

The vast majority of people, given power, would become fat cats.

Now I believe that change will come, not through revolution, but through people wanting to be better people. When the common goal is love: not some obscure political leaning. It's actually very simple.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    - Hendrix

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    - Gandhi
    Rise for power would be pointless in this system. Everyone is the king of their castle, and has rights to defend it. Everything would be voluntary. This is the common argument of the state, they believe people are violent by nature and draft up all these conclusions of crime, violence, etc; to justify complete control over people.

If we're all human, and we're all unfit to govern ourselves, then why are humans governing other humans?
    Make America Great Again

Comment

Digging the pictures jenn

Derp, I feel your pain.
      I knew you'd understand <3
      Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        Rise for power would be pointless in this system. Everyone is the king of their castle, and has rights to defend it. Everything would be voluntary. This is the common argument of the state, they believe people are violent by nature and draft up all these conclusions of crime, violence, etc; to justify complete control over people.

If we're all human, and we're all unfit to govern ourselves, then why are humans governing other humans?
        I completely agree with you. Unfortunately we're caught in this system that brainwashes people to value the same things. Things that corrupt human nature, which I believe is good and beautiful.

The people at the top have to be the ones who change.
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I completely agree with you. Unfortunately we're caught in this system that brainwashes people to value the same things. Things that corrupt human nature, which I believe is good and beautiful.

The people at the top have to be the ones who change.
          I think statism is what's keeping people from being united, and truly empathetic. It's human nature to be social creatures, but when you're segregated by social status, it's difficult to be social creatures.

This is when hate crime happens.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

I am amazed, I completely agree with you.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I think statism is what's keeping people from being united, and truly empathetic. It's human nature to be social creatures, but when you're segregated by social status, it's difficult to be social creatures.

This is when hate crime happens.
              Absolutely - what keeps people divided is that the majority want what the minority have: power, money, fame, beauty. Which is why I think that people at "the top" have to abdicate.

For as long as people with power hold on to it, people without power are going to want it. But if one constantly hungers for something out of their reach, there isn't much room left for growth and development. And yet development is necessary for the things that are really valuable: Love, kindness, honesty, compassion. We can all recognise that these are worthy qualities, but no one is taught to strive for those things. We're taught to strive for power, money, fame and beauty.

If the people at the top implement a new value system, that's the fastest way it has to travel. Otherwise, it has to come from each individual.
              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

The two marginally libertarian presidents we have had did great things for that. Jefferson, specifically.

"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question." --Thomas Jefferson: 1st Inaugural, 1801. ME 3:320
                Make America Great Again

Comment

Absolutely - what keeps people divided is that the majority want what the minority have: power, money, fame, beauty. Which is why I think that people at "the top" have to abdicate.

For as long as people with power hold on to it, people without power are going to want it. But if one constantly hungers for something out of their reach, there isn't much room left for growth and development. And yet development is necessary for the things that are really valuable: Love, kindness, honesty, compassion. We can all recognise that these are worthy qualities, but no one is taught to strive for those things. We're taught to strive for power, money, fame and beauty.

If the people at the top implement a new value system, that's the fastest way it has to travel. Otherwise, it has to come from each individual.
                  People need to value their own health and happiness over money before anything can change. When your entire life revolves around the next pay check, you have very little time to think about such things. Being wrapped up in possessions is also a huge drain on your mind and spirit.

Also there is no one at the top currently who is interested in change. It still blows my mind that some people would rather see the world burn then give up a bit of their wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                    People need to value their own health and happiness over money before anything can change. When your entire life revolves around the next pay check, you have very little time to think about such things. Being wrapped up in possessions is also a huge drain on your mind and spirit.

Also there is no one at the top currently who is interested in change. It still blows my mind that some people would rather see the world burn then give up a bit of their wealth.
                    I agree. My point is that we're being brainwashed to value the wrong things. I know we're all responsible, but the messages of the media and the education system are very powerful, and we're being indoctrinated to believe that we need certain things to make us happy.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist: I don't believe it's even conscious. It's the way things have devolved as a result of fear cultures.

And yeah, leaders who talk about the kinds of things we're talking about generally get assassinated.

- Ray Peat

Comment

I agree. My point is that we're being brainwashed to value the wrong things. I know we're all responsible, but the messages of the media and the education system are very powerful, and we're being indoctrinated to believe that we need certain things to make us happy.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist: I don't believe it's even conscious. It's the way things have devolved as a result of fear cultures.

And yeah, leaders who talk about the kinds of things we're talking about generally get assassinated.
                      I agree. That why i think it might be hopeless. I still want to believe though!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        I agree. That why i think it might be hopeless. I still want to believe though!
                        It's not hopeless - we can change ourselves

- Ray Peat

Comment

It's not hopeless - we can change ourselves
                          I mean in the bigger picture sense. The planet is too far gone, inefficient and deadly energies are needed, overpopulation, that sort of stuff. Even if there was a revolution, some big changes that a lot of people wouldnt like would have to be made.

Comment

My dream is to occupy a small bit of land far off the grid and using untaxed monetary income e.g. bitcoins
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

My dream is to occupy a small bit of land far off the grid and using untaxed monetary income e.g. bitcoins
                              What will electronic currency do for you if you dont have a mail man?

Comment

I'll have to go pick up the mail
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X